• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Frank Bowman Rings

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Not to beat a dead horse but I Put a Bowman ring in my DLE 61 today finally lol, this 61 has had about 2 gal threw it so it was not worn out or even close. I measured the stock ring gap and it was .013" there was already signs of blow by on the piston although the motor ran great, When i measured the new ring it's gap was .004" and that was a tight fit with my gauge so i cant wait to break this one in and see how she does.

I'm interested in seeing what the tolerance is on @mulehead1969 's DLE20

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I've put Bowman rings in every gas engine I have. My thread on the DLE 85 has my way of installing the rings. I've never broken one putting them in this way. The phone number and email address above should work just fine. I always just email Frank and tell him what I want. He sends me a paypal invoice and in 2-3 days, I have my rings.
Steve

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have rings coming for my DLE 222. Can't wait to get into it.
If you have run the 222 with stock rings, You are going to be "AMAZED" at the difference. If you have not run it without the Bowman Rings, I can tell you from personal experience, It will be one monster four banger. My son, @Shayne Epley put them in his 222 after the first initial start up and running. We ran the motor a couple of times and was totally impressed of how glass smooth the motor is. Idle to WOT is nothing short of impressive. No lag, no pause in midrange. And very strong. Exit the stock rings and install the Bowmans? Oh yeah baby, you'd better be for hangin' on. Imagine a motor on Steroids? It is 1000% better than it was stock.