• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

WMcNabb

150cc
Haven't seen a build/review log for this plane yet, figured I should make a little/micro one to help me figure out the new and improved website... so sorry for the lack of detail. But if you have one, please post pics and comments!!!

Thanks for posting this one. I've been drooling over the page on the Hangar 9 website, so I'm interested to read about the assembly and flying. Nice engine choice!

i was cracking up over the instruments comments. it's so true, what are they thinking when they screw it up like that??

Found a panel from a full scale and wondered what the heck all this fancy gear was doing in a CUB???!!!!
image.jpeg

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I looked at one of these at my local hobbyshop and was informed they are made by Seagull. It is a nice looking plane but you can tell it isn't as nice as other H9 airframes. Hopefully it flies better than the Platinum eflite cub. What a tricky turd to fly that was.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I have actually worked on the full scale carbon cub, the only carbon in it is mainly fuselage stringers, upholstery, and the engine cowling. The rest is comprised of plastic fuel & brake lines (light sport model), lots of CNC aluminum parts, ultralight fabric on the top of the wing, and the lack of colored paint on top of the silver UV coat.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpeg

Fired up the RCGF 21cc twin. I like it... except I cannot seem to get a reliable idle once brought down from full throttle. It will instantly die once the stick gets to idle. I richened the LSN and it just sounds rough, and emits a smoke cloud.... so I went the other way and although a very high idle, it performs better. Maybe I just need to let it break in??? And yes, I did play with the HSN but it didn't seem to help. Thoughts?

Last edited:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 80585

Fired up the RCGF 21cc twin. I like it... except I cannot seem to get a reliable idle once brought down from full throttle. It will instantly die once the stick gets to idle. I richened the LSN and it just sounds rough, and emits a smoke cloud.... so I went the other way and although a very high idle, it performs better. Maybe I just need to let it break in??? And yes, I did play with the HSN but it didn't seem to help. Thoughts?
Seems like the smaller gassers in the 10-15cc range always need a long break in period. Since this is essentially two 10cc gassers in one, I'd expect the same. But that's just a guess.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I didn't do the 20min breakin ground run like they said to do... maybe that's an idea. seems like a looooong ground run ha ha