• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well well well. I flew the carbon cub again. The engine still doesn't have the power I'd like, tried to die on me a few times... My new MPI servo reverser on the left flap twitches with the engine running... so time to man up and get lager receiver. Another club member came to the field with the electric setup on his, and it had ample power, flew like a dream! HE was having a grand time flying around and I wasn't so much :(

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
758e19c88a47dfd5f7347800cb3f64c6.jpg

Thinking about putting this walbro carb on to see if things dramatically change. Have to add the impulse port... don't think it'll be that hard?
If not, it's time for a DLE-20 I think. I love this little rcgf 21 but she's breaking my heart.... just a little more TLC and maybe she'll come around to love me back.
Found a left over INOP sticker from work LOL!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Pulled the rcgf 21cc twin off the cub and it is on it's way back to VVRC. Might try the VVRC 21cc single instead on this plane. When I took the RCGF 21cc mufflers and plugs off I did a little investigating. . . one of the cylinder that was producing more of an oily mess than the other had some casting imperfections on the cylinder wall lining, kind of like pitting in a few spots. The piston and ring didn't look like it had broken in properly compared to the other side.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
VVRC 21cc getting fitted with a new cowl. Getting there, just some more trimming needed. Can't wait to fire it up!

IMG_0252.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
c716e9820b2e5a57d6dab151af48e712.jpg
f8de17cf2a5b2f4bca268042b21dcf17.jpg
d7bcef6960e399c310e1ad3c9c471cf3.jpg
f4ad7568b1a3795a9e59f9f0cb6395b0.jpg

Just need to touch up some ultracote, get some more fuel, double check the CG, and take her up!!
Much more impressed with how this engine runs. Took some needle tweaking. Was about a 1/4 turn rich on the Low and high. They were both set around 1-5/8 out of the box now they are about 1-3/8. Going to use an idle up switch until it's broken in before I trust the low. But for the first 8 oz of fuel I think I can see a bright future for this one.
After my ground run I caught myself giving this engine the thumbs up! LOL like good on you! Your flight ready little guy! So far nothing but smiles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BalsaDust

Looks good. Bit excessive on the permatex though. I just do a light coat on one piece and it seals great.