• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

hone

150cc
Hey Hone. Without gobs if computer power (laptop) is 7 much better than 6.5? Worth the upgrade?

I'm running it on my mac using vmware fusion. The graphics are slightly better but it seems to run smoother than 6.5 on my laptop. Can't really say for sure that it is worth it but I'm enjoying using my 8fg instead of the real flight controller. The physics are a little different and I feel like waterfalls don't snap out as easy in 7 but it's not crazy different. If you just got 6.5 than its probably not worth it but if you had it for a while and really want to use your own tx than its a nice upgrade.

hone

150cc
Another thing is there aren't many planes made specifically for 7 yet. The planes for 6.5 work but they probably could be tweaked a little to be optimized for 7.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks. I'm not going nuts using the RF controller although I did just buy a spare dx8. I also got a club member to upgrade to 6.5 to do multi player. So that's my answer for now. Enjoy it.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I backed out last minute ordering one and relooking the upgrade, do you get everything if you upgrade? Just as if you buy it? Sorry so many questions, thanks guys!

SnowDog

I backed out last minute ordering one and relooking the upgrade, do you get everything if you upgrade? Just as if you buy it? Sorry so many questions, thanks guys!

Hey Jake, I posted in the other thread about the editions, but a quick answer is this: the upgrade only gives you the disc with the new software. You have to buy the Interlink or Tactic version if you want a TX, or the Interface Edition if you want to use your own TX.