• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMPORTANT!!! Let the AMA know what you think!!!!!

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The consequences of AMA's blurring of the lines between Drones and Model Aviation have begun to manifest themselves in regulations that were intended for drones, but thanks to AMA's Executive Council, will hit us as well.
All UAS's will have to register, and that is only the beginning.
The AMA has miserably failed to push for an exemption of Model Aviation from SUAS rules that are clearly targeting drone.
Coming home from an Exciting week at the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout, what a downer!!!

GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR AREA vp, AND PUSH EVERYONE AROUND YOU TO DO THE SAME. The AMA belongs to us, and not to drone manufacturers.

In regards to AMA's current policy, one of us heard from his VP: "The horse is out of the barn, and is is too late". It only takes a lasso to get the horse back in the barn, which is a lot simpler than what it took to dismantle the USSR and the Berlin Wall!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I hope that everyone takes a few minutes to let their AMA district representative know exactly how they feel about being grouped in with "drones". NOW is the time, don't bitch about it if you have not sent them a quick note to let them know how you feel!!!

I've been in contact with the District 9 Rep, an even though we are friends I let him know the thoughts and feelings of the general population that I am in contact with.

I HOPE YOU WILL DO THE SAME, sooner than later.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/Organization/districtlinks.aspx

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
AMA FAILED to represent the body of its organization the modeler who for 70 plus years has done a fine job of safety and common sense.

My feeling of the AMA currently is they are operating on GREED by trying to bring Drones into fold. By doing that they have not protected the body of the membership and have put model aviation at risk

When I lived in MA it was the law to register my bicycle and my dog. I never did.

When I lived in the mid-west it was the law to register my handgun. I never did.

When I lived in Ohio it was the law to register my canoe. I never did.

If it becomes the law to register my planes, then I won't. There is no way to police or enforce that kind of law. Enacting laws that cannot (or will not) be enforced is the quickest way to make people lose respect for authority.

I've been a member of the AMA since 1984. I'll continue to be a member, but I really don't understand WTH they are doing.

Judge

70cc twin V2
The only potential catch to that course of action is if you participate in any kind of sanctioned events. If registration of some kind becomes mandatory I am certain that the AMA will require compliance in order to enter any kind of sanctioned event.

But FWIW, AMA already requires that you put either your AMA number or name and contact info in, or on, your model. How many of us do that??

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
When I lived in MA it was the law to register my bicycle and my dog. I never did.

When I lived in the mid-west it was the law to register my handgun. I never did.

When I lived in Ohio it was the law to register my canoe. I never did.

If it becomes the law to register my planes, then I won't. There is no way to police or enforce that kind of law. Enacting laws that cannot (or will not) be enforced is the quickest way to make people lose respect for authority.

I've been a member of the AMA since 1984. I'll continue to be a member, but I really don't understand WTH they are doing.

EXACTLY. I will register whatever I need to take to events if it comes to that, but the rest I'd rather fly at the pasture land the in-laws own that is 20 miles from anything.

The really sucky part is I hate flying alone, being with friends and attending events is almost the best part of the hobby.:(

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
T
But FWIW, AMA already requires that you put either your AMA number or name and contact info in, or on, your model. How many of us do that??
Crickets.+found+on+facebook_e1cfbd_3982130.jpg