• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My New 3D Extra 300 Prototype For Fly-Model

gyro

GSN Contributor
No.. not at all. Extreme flight has Insane control surfaces and Zero flutter problems. One will have to invest in good servos to avoid Blow back. We may need dual servos in the ailerons, only time will tell. Remember this is 100% experimental. :)

I hate to say it, but I know first hand from my own experience, have seen it on other's planes, and have heard from others as well, that your analogy is incorrect unfortunately.

AKfreak

150cc
I hate to say it, but I know first hand from my own experience, have seen it on other's planes, and have heard from others as well, that your analogy is incorrect unfortunately.

I assume you missed those huge counter balances, and what analogy's have I expressed? I simply said I don't think there will be a problem, I have done tons of research. I too have spoken to many people who build models as well as full scale aerobatic planes. And after exhausting all available resources I came up with MY experimental design, and it has yet to be proven.

When I get it, I will fly it, if I have flutter I will deal with it just like anyone other person who has attempted to build a new plane design. I promise you this, when my plane is ready for the market it will be perfect.

I am not sure where I made an incorrect statement, as the plane is still on the drawing board. You and I both do not know with 100% centrally if the plane will develop a flutter issue. However you any I both do know that Extreme Flight does have massive control surfaces,and you and I both know they don't have any problems with flutter. I would also venture to guess that they too started with a vision, and that vision was tested and revised to make it fly the way they want it to.

Anyways, this is the plane I will develop. Also just wanted to point this fact out. I personally have built and flown 4 experiential General Aviation planes that I built from the ground up. I built them, and flew the time off to be certified airworthy by the FAA (A Dragon fly, A Q2, A RV-4, and a Bushby Midget Mustang).

I know my previous aeronautical endeavors weren't RC planes. However, they did require tons of research and effort, not to mention some balls to fly them. Build a Midget Mustang, then hop in and take off, lets just say your situational awareness is at a very high level.

I promise this plane will be awesome when I am done, i also promise it will cost less then anything else on the market. A lot less! I want every single person that wants to get in to built up 3D plane have a chance to do so. I want them to be able to buy an honest plane that fly's right, and do so with a limited budget.

That has been her goal from the start, it hasn't changed. My design will have almost the same amount of materials as any other plane, but the cost will be much less as this is not my profession. I am not trying to make a profit from my time in R&D. This is my hobby, I love to do it. When I approached Fly-Model I did so for a reason. They make ton and tons of RC planes already. They offer them for much less than the big guys, MUCH LESS! All they need is a design that is up to the latest standards of 3D.

I have a few world class RC pilots working with me. Watch and see, this plane will be great or it just wont be. Alright, I think I can step down from the soap box. Please don't take offense to anything I have said. I just didn't see how I could be incorrect, when I have even had a chance to prove the design. Btw, I know you had a plane that had flutter issues, I also know that plane had huge control surfaces.

AKfreak

150cc
I can't imagine a 35 cc plane needing more than one servo per aileron.
Not saying it will, but if it blows back with one, then what do you do? It was just speculation. Also remember this is a pretty big plane. It's 77" wing span, and 84" in fuse length. I hope we can be at 11-12 lbs, that would be amazing.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Tom, I was saying that I disagree with you regarding EF having flutter, that's all.

My 104 had it at high speed, with nearly 600 oz/in torque per elevator, I've seen it on other EF extras, etc, etc. That said, I suspect their competition pilot planes are modified from retail, and mine was "stock"

Not saying your design is wrong, or anything like that. Just asking if you've thought about it :)

AKfreak

150cc
I see... Now I understand. Your statement was with respect to EF. Hmmm. Yeah those guys who compete, Devin, RJ, Cody, Jase,, ect, have a bunch of little secrets. I did not know EF had a flutter issue. Actually I am very surprised. I promise I won't let my model be offered to the public with a flutter issue. I added counter balance to all of the surfaces, now I need to refine them after flying the plane.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Super excited for you akfreak and I hope you nail it! We need people that are willing to try something new and follow their passions. Nice job for going for it!

jmart95

70cc twin V2
To keep the weight down Mini servos are what it will use most likely. They are spend-y, Heck the MKS ones I used in my 64" MXS were $105 each.

Yep, my Dad has the MKS's on the way, and when I decide what motor I want to use, I'm going to try the BK servo of similar specs, which is in the same price range as well, expensive, but they're some really impressive servos. How are they(mks) working for you in the 64? Also, out of curiosity, are you commissioning fly-model to build these for you to distribute, or is this going to be apart of their range of aircraft, and any paint schemes in mind at the moment?