• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My New 3D Extra 300 Prototype For Fly-Model

Lojik

70cc twin V2
AKfreak I have and still am working in the freight forwarding, export and import related industry, i've imported goods for many RC shops and stores, if you ever need any help or advice on freight, importation etc give me a buzz and i'll be happy to pass on any knowledge i can to help you out :)

Good luck with this venture, I'm sure it will be a great experiance

AKfreak

150cc
Yep, my Dad has the MKS's on the way, and when I decide what motor I want to use, I'm going to try the BK servo of similar specs, which is in the same price range as well, expensive, but they're some really impressive servos. How are they(mks) working for you in the 64? Also, out of curiosity, are you commissioning fly-model to build these for you to distribute, or is this going to be apart of their range of aircraft, and any paint schemes in mind at the moment?

The MKS are incredible, the 64" is lost to the Las Vegas Swamps. The plane is something I just wanted to build so I contacted Fly-Model and explained what I wanted to do, and explained how my project could help their line up compete in the rc industry. The took a risk on me and here we are. The plane will be a part of their inventory. US distribution will be out of San Diego CA. Schemes will hopefully be my own. In the end it's their company, so they have the ultimate say. But so far they have been very open to my ideas. The prototype is supposed to be 100% white with rectangle checker board on typed bottom for contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
The first prototype of my Extra 300 design is on the water. As it inches closer and closer, the excitement of seeing in my hands, what was once in my head, builds. I can't wait to see this plane. If they went exactly by my plans, it should be pretty darn intresting. I put all sorts of innovation into the design. I hope that some of the design elements, ones that I tested on my foamies, translate to balsa.

Anyway at 78" wingspan it's going to be a pretty big model for a 30cc motor. I may have to put a DA-50 on her ;)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I hope you aren't serious about the DA-50 lol. would be kind of an odd choice for testing a prototype. Maybe electric?

JC 3D

30cc
The first prototype of my Extra 300 design is on the water. As it inches closer and closer, the excitement of seeing in my hands, what was once in my head, builds. I can't wait to see this plane. If they went exactly by my plans, it should be pretty darn intresting. I put all sorts of innovation into the design. I hope that some of the design elements, ones that I tested on my foamies, translate to balsa.

Anyway at 78" wingspan it's going to be a pretty big model for a 30cc motor. I may have to put a DA-50 on her ;)

I bet a VVRC 40cc would be the sweet engine setup.

JC

I would think electric is easier on a prototype as you have flexibility wih trying different power setups with different props and cell counts as well as being easier on the frame. Once you get things worked out you can hang a gas motor on it.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
That was my thought as well. Electric seems to be easier to set up a reliable power system on and make changes to.

AKfreak

150cc
I just got tracking info.. My new prototype in in San Diego and making its way to me in Vegas! I am so so excited, words cant describe what I am feeling at the moment.. Tic Toc.. Tic Toc..

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I just got tracking info.. My new prototype in in San Diego and making its way to me in Vegas! I am so so excited, words cant describe what I am feeling at the moment.. Tic Toc.. Tic Toc..

How it seems like a a year has gone by since i first heard about this. I hope they did a great job and flies awesome! Sending good luck your way buddy!