• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My New 3D Extra 300 Prototype For Fly-Model

AKfreak

150cc
[video=youtube;C6pBPa4Ox8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6pBPa4Ox8M[/video]
Sorry for the Shady camera work.. No Time and excited to see what I got :).

16222824290_33e18d2616_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
Look how long the tail section is..Look how tall it is..., look how wide it is... I love this plane. The worlds first look at what an entry level 3D specific plane looks like. It will not be ready for the world until it flies Honest. It can drop a wing no matter how slow it flies. It has to roll axial, and it have to snap violently :)

To all the folks who think you have to pay to play, I say BS.. All RC planes of a specific/weight class size all have the same amount of materials in them. Cost is dictated by many factors (volume of sales you would think right?).. well not necessarily in this hobby. The top 3-4 guys make one pay through the nose for entry into what I consider to be an honest flying plane.

To own a premium model, I say you are mostly paying for design. Then they nail you on shipping to boot. This will not happen with my design.. The goal is to keep the cost down to what a normal Fly Model planes costs. I dont know exactly what this will be, but for my last 35cc plane it was somthing like $265 bucks shipped to my house.

I started this project with one thing in mind. Offer a true 3D plane that can fly sequence also, and do it for an entry level price. I am a long way away, and this is a very slow process. I will say that I am very persistent, and every goal that I have really wanted to achieve in life, I have. So with that said, the future is bright for folks that want to own a world class 3D plane but can't afford to buy one from the top 3-4 designers.

I cant wait to fly this plane, and I look forward to making all the needed revisions until it flies perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Very cool Tom! It is definitely a one of a kind! I can't imagine what it must feel like to have the anticipated creation of your mind finally in your hands! I can't wait to see it at the field! Best of luck my friend :D

AKfreak

150cc
Thanks bro.. It all started with a vision. A vision that I have described many times. It should be interesting to say the least.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Thanks bro.. It all started with a vision. A vision that I have described many times. It should be interesting to say the least.

That is really cool, didn't think something like that could actually happen. What's the dimensions? You said in your video, "here in San Diego," what club do you fly? I'd love to check out your test flights.