• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looking good Kelly. :way_to_go:

Now hurry up and finish that baby. :D I need a flight report! I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with my DA70.

I'm getting anxious too! Got some neat electrical connector mounts (for the XT60's) and a hard case 4200 mah lipo coming for it. Should be here Thursday. The battery will be mounted in the pipe tunnel and feed two connector mounts. One for the receiver/switch and one for the ignition control. The install will be one of the cleanest I have done so far.

battery.jpg
mount.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Those XT60 mounts look pretty cool.

Kelly, why the hard case pack? Seems like a lot of extra weight no?

At first Mike the weight was a concern but compared to a non cased lipo of same capacity it is only about three quarters an ounce heavier. My main reason is the way I am going to mount it!:sneaky:. Just going to have to wait and find out:big-grin:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well...I think I have the engine installation all complete and to my liking with the exception of baffles. Will trim the excess HT RTV once it dries (less messy). I added a support to the muffler (I use this term loosely at the moment )because I could get it to move up and down a bit when bolted on. This should help relieve stress at the bolt flanges from vibration.

1026152240-00.jpg
1026152240-01.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@ghoffman Can you make me a set of your baffles for this cowling if I give you the general rectangular dimensions of the openings and distance of L&R cylinders?

0912151831-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Will you have enough back pressure for the engine to run properly? I don't how much is enough, but I do know they have to have some :)

Hopeful that the elbow will allow enough. If not......:steamer:. Cant get a large pro flo in this plane. So this is plan B.

Last edited: