• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

TonyHallo

150cc
I'm thinking my next build will be a R10 PRO with two R4 receivers in trio mode. Assuming it is less than 10 channels.

TonyHallo

150cc
Setting the outboard wing incidences (Adjusting the rear lift strut length) and adjusting the tail brace wires today. Waiting for the engine to return. It's a large bird for sure, that is a 34% Christen Eagle in the back ground.

IMG_1456.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Engine arrived yesterday, installed this morning and flew today, not very well, need some weight in the nose. I fellow flier video taped the flight and will post a link to his YouTube channel once it is up but not much to see. Take off was great then got out of shape, managed to land safety. Can't wait to view the video to hopefully learn more. My weight and balance came in at 33%, don't know how many pounds I will need to move the balance point.

Last edited:

TonyHallo

150cc
Got some #8 lead shot from by brother, going to mix some with epoxy and milled glass and coat the inside of the cowl. Then made a few weights to screw to the fire wall. I'm thinking about 8 ounces on the cowl and another 2 pounds on the firewall. The plane was uncontrollable and quite happy that it landed safely.