• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

yakken

100cc
Its a 37.5 thunder tiger yak. My brother and i picked up two new ones down in va off of a couple guys.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Its a 37.5 thunder tiger yak. My brother and i picked up two new ones down in va off of a couple guys.
TT-TOC...Same same. Sure looks bigger than the 37.5. Maybe you have short doors??!!??
:laughing:
Good for you. I would love to have one of those!

BalsaDust

And you didn't let us know you where in VA???? Man I could had you out throwing down at the field with a purdy little slab with a piped two stroke.

BalsaDust

I will the next time. We were in Danville va. Is that close to you?

Danville is about two hours southwest of me. I'm just south of Richmond. I have flown at the south Boston field before which is right there beside Danville. Also a bad ass road course Virginia International Raceway VIR is just the other side of Danville. My dad goes out there quite a bit running his car and I plan to go in April with him and get some seat time.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sorry everyone for leaving you hanging. Been kind of busy out here. Mother nature has been a real witch lately. The temp has come up from 5 degrees at the warmest part of the day to a balmy 39. Seems almost like summer. Alas, while at work. Of course it gets cold as heck on the day away from work. Go figure. Today however, I had the day off and I looked outside...bright crystal clear blue skies and a huge round yellow ball in the sky. I stopped all thrusters, put the Purple Edge on the charger and smiled. I'm gonna burn some gas this afternoon. Yeah, not so much. Wind came up and got cold as heck. Oh well...guess I'll work on the Yak.

Last visit, I had just finished the covering and graphics on the wings and fuse. I moved forward to starting the installation of my electronics. I got the stabs/elevators done up along with the rudder. Got everything synced and programmed. I have to say, those $175.00 rudder servos are wicked cool. Never had a magnetic encoder servo before. They are freaking sweet. Think all my servos from this point on will be magnetic encoder equipped.

Apparently I transferred all the photos to the laptop, so I'll have to post them shortly.

More to come.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Forgot to mention, I also have the batteries and SF board placed in the fuse. Starting to get things wired up and ready. I have lots of room in the fuse for ballast arrangement so not too worried about balance right now. Will see how it pans out once I get that 212 red headed devil mounted up front.

Just a few photos from the last couple of days work.

20160107_123403.jpg
20160107_123439.jpg
20160107_123555.jpg

20160108_183001.jpg

I am going to shoot for having the wings all servo'd up this weekend. From that point...I will finish up with installing the landing gear and the awesome new "Spats" for the gear. Of course now plane would be complete without that much needed power plant up front. That is up and coming. I know @David Cokley will be excited to see that next. LOL

Last edited: