• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK you have to be kidding us, right? It cannot be as easy as you are making it look. C'mon, time to fess up . . . .:yesss:. I love the tip about heating up the exacto blade. I would have never thought of that. Am I correct in assuming "Un-Cure" is CA De-bonder?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
OK you have to be kidding us, right? It cannot be as easy as you are making it look. C'mon, time to fess up . . . .:yesss:. I love the tip about heating up the exacto blade. I would have never thought of that. Am I correct in assuming "Un-Cure" is CA De-bonder?
Ah, it's not so bad. You sir, are correct. CA debonder. Works great on removing ca in spots you don't want it, debonding stuck fingers, (hence debonder), helping to remove covering adhesive from over lap, taking out bleed over...and watch out. Removes embedded covering color from wood. :woohoo!:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Quick update... I now have all covering done except the canopy. I'm going to hold off on that as I have to repaint the border to match the new scheme. I also want to remove the pilot bust and repaint his helmet.

Until then, I will start adding equipment to the plane. I'm a lot closer today than I was, but still a lot yet to do.

All in all though, the covering is coming out pretty nice.
20160103_024356.jpg
20160102_201014.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Looks AWESOME Buddy, now let's see that red head hanging from the fire wall. . :way_to_go:

On second thought, don't pay any attention to me. Just do your own thing and have a good time doing it. . . :yesss:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looks AWESOME Buddy, now let's see that red head hanging from the fire wall. . :way_to_go:

On second thought, don't pay any attention to me. Just do your own thing and have a good time doing it. . . :yesss:
Thanks everyone....it's been quite an undertaking but worth it. If ya'll will excuse the clutter and back ground, I'll share a "pre" pre-assembly photo. I just "HAD" to see what she's gonna look like. I was not prepared for the size of this behemoth Yak. Course my house gets really small really quick when ya got something like this in the living room. :lol2:

I'm thinking she is gonna be a lot of fun. A little teaser for ya.

20160103_025926.jpg
20160103_025809.jpg

@David Cokley, as much as I'd like to oblige you on your request, I'm just gonna have to keep you drooling in anticipation. Saving the best for last. :laughing: Hang in there buddy, I won't leave you wondering too much longer.:banana-dance:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks everyone....it's been quite an undertaking but worth it. If ya'll will excuse the clutter and back ground, I'll share a "pre" pre-assembly photo. I just "HAD" to see what she's gonna look like. I was not prepared for the size of this behemoth Yak. Course my house gets really small really quick when ya got something like this in the living room. :lol2:

I'm thinking she is gonna be a lot of fun. A little teaser for ya.

View attachment 47574 View attachment 47576

@David Cokley, as much as I'd like to oblige you on your request, I'm just gonna have to keep you drooling in anticipation. Saving the best for last. :laughing: Hang in there buddy, I won't leave you wondering too much longer.:banana-dance:
Hey Rob,
What is this clutter you keep referring to? All I see is a BIG A__ YAK filling up my computer screen . . . . . :big_yes:. It looks AWEOME ! !

Like I said in my previous post, don't worry about me. If my withdrawal symptoms get too bad, all I do is pull my little red head out of the box and play with it for a while, then I'm good to go . . . . . . .:yesss:.