• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

Spats

100cc
Looks Badazz! :woohoo!:

One thing I have found is painting the tunnel and engine box helps dampen the sound. Are you sure those are Airman wheels? They look a lot like the limited edition Whiterose and the axels look like Whiterose also.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp

One thing I have found is painting the tunnel and engine box helps dampen the sound. Are you sure those are Airman wheels? They look a lot like the limited edition Whiterose and the axels look like Whiterose also.

That's what I thought, I noticed they are not on their website. I need some nice 5" ones for my PAU Extra restoration project.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

Now that you mention, you're more than likely correct. If memory serves, Airman stamps their name in the side of the wheel...right? As I remember, the Hemple had Airmans. They were stamped. These wheels are not stamped. So you could be correct. Now you have me curious.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I stand corrected. The axles are most definitely White Rose. As is the tail gear. Just received the new replacement tail wheel from Vern in the mail today.
20160115_153735.jpg
So I can only assume the mains are also White Rose as you indicated Randy. Thanks for getting me straight!:way_to_go:

Spats

100cc
Now that you mention, you're more than likely correct. If memory serves, Airman stamps their name in the side of the wheel...right? As I remember, the Hemple had Airmans. They were stamped. These wheels are not stamped. So you could be correct. Now you have me curious.

Either way it looks awesome! you have done a fantastic job and this coming from someone who knows the hours and hard work that goes into something like this.:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok here we go. Belly vents are repaired and covered. I've decided to not open each vent hole until I know what I'm doing with baffling on the 4 cylinder 3 dub. I may not have to open them all. But at least they cleaned up ok. I burnt the midnight oil last night. 8 hours oh clean up, rebuild and covering. Whew.
20160116_091433.jpg
20160116_091448.jpg

20160116_091541.jpg

I'm starting work on the canopy/hatch today. Not too sure how much I'll get done, but it's the last thing to do on the big Yak before that last and final stage ya'll been wanting to see.
20160116_091647.jpg
Yes @David Cokley we're getting close. :laughing: @49dimes you may come out of the corner now if you promise to play nice.:spongebob:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
If I'm coming out of the corner I'm also coming out of the box........Need the box to put that awesome in and get it to me.....
The smaller awesome that is.... not really small but PURPLE! :big-grin:.

The Yak is really looking AWESOME now. Excellent just Excellent.

Now stop wearing the cowl like a helmet and running around making airplane noise.
I have worried @ChickenBalls enough. Besides.....you got four red heads to tend too.
Talk about "caged heat" .......:In_love:.