• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Reza has been here for a week and he's already giving stuff away! RED LINE OIL!

Hi well i bought a used plane i do run RedLine Oil the engine on this plane was run on what he thinks is the best oil ever any way the black and brown gunk stopped after about 1 1/2 gal of redline fuel i swear by it recommend all the time.

Mike

Komet163

50cc
I have no redline experience have been running sthil ultra hp in pte 36 and da 60 but saw da recommends it and a few people here whos opions I trust. would love to try it though

ryan_m

100cc
Used to run Stihl Ultra based on everything I read, and then kept seeing people raving about Redline. Then I saw the DA video about Redline and I was sold. Switched all my engines to it, and have been happy as can be with the oil. Burns nicely and cleanly, and the motors seem to run just a bit better too. I've been able to convert a few friends to start using it as well. No plans to change for me. I even use it in my Stihl weedeater :)

tylerzx9r

100cc
I also had been running a Bell product for motorcycles and never had issues, then one day as I purchased a new bottle I noticed the recommendation for the ratio had changed for the same oil, it changed to more oil per gas! I was curios and made some calls... the result was they were getting some wear issues and decided to change the ratio. That very same season, some of my fellow pilots, running the same product, had several meltdowns.... (I believe it was more a product change). I then had an opportunity to try some REDLINE, I have never regretted it! I have noticed a little more junk on the bottom of my planes than I had before, but also think some of that is clean-out, however on a new engine than can not be possible. I also think it is easier to clean off than the junk before. I will not use anything else now!

kork

70cc twin V2
I learned a couple years back when I tore down a used DLE 30 I acquired and the ring was stuck from carbon and the piston was loaded with it. The owner was running a non-synthetic cheap brand of oil.
I looked for a Redline dealer and found a great little shop called Murray Motorsports.
They were involved in all kinds of racing and turned me onto to it.
I also realized if you ever bring up Redline in a forum, no one has any beefs about it.
Simple

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It was recommended to me by a friend and I've been very happy with it. I have 3 DA50's, one that came used from the friend that recommend RedLine is over 9 years old and has never been back to DA and still runs great. The other 2 were also bought used, and both got much cleaner inside after running RedLine.:)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
There's a reason a lot of experienced motorcycle riders prefer to run Redline, the stuff is seriously magic in a bottle!! I ran it in my 2 strokes and never had a problem, and last time I was inside that engine I saw nothing but cleanliness all around.

Reza

50cc
Gents,

As for ratio, if you have bottles, one bottle to 5 gallon, that's 40 to 1. Very easy to do,no measuring.

If you have gallon, and you have to measure, I'd go 50 to 1.

Eitherway, in that range you're golden.