• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Reza has been here for a week and he's already giving stuff away! RED LINE OIL!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I think it was running some of this.;)

dscn5103.jpg

roger on the "bug" again!,,, cool and
IMG_20150321_114024827.jpg
IMG_20141019_121544962.jpg
good to see ya back :) You ever finish that CARF? Well if your ever planning on a rabbit road trip I'm just a stones throw from there plus there's another place up here in Apple Valley I call home that has no restrictions, paved runway, lots of shade and its usually a lite crowd on the weekends. PM sent,,,

BV

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
"Experience with Red Line Two Stroke Racing Oil"

Once upon a time, there was this old guy that one day realized he was tired of flying circles and loops in the sky and cleaning Castor Oil from all his glow (shudder) powered planes. He'd heard and watched others flying larger gas powered planes and suddenly felt a tug from inside and a little voice telling him it was time for change. Now this old guy not being a scholar of too many rights, however possessing a little common sense did a little research and talked to some long time friends concerning this impending change of direction. "But if I change over, what ever will I use for oil" he asked. "Why Red Line of course", was always the response. "Certainly not "EVERYONE" could be wrong", he thought. So deeply did he delve into the giant scale world of gas powered planes. Lubricated by none other than "Red Line Two Stroke Racing Oil". His experience has been quite successful without grief nor heartache. Many a modeler will find him most every day reveling in comments from others on how well his engines always run. It would not matter if it was a high quality German hand crafted motor or an inexpensive knock off from far across the seas. Now this old guy did however possess a little experience building motors with a very large Auto manufacturer, (GM) and it was always noted and became common knowledge that not only does oil lubricate a motor, but it also helps keep a motor clean "AND" helps a motor run cooler. Less friction by proper lubrication, means a cooler running motor. Which in turn allows a motor to stay cleaner from less build up of "HEAT" carbon deposits. So it goes that this modeler was very happy with his decision to use "Red Line Two Stroke Racing Oil" in all his motors.

This old guy has never used any other oil product other than Red Line so it would be very hard to do a comparison other than facts and documentation and proof from others that have. But the biggest thing that stands out ever so clear in his mind is this. Clean, well lubricated and very cool temperatures on all his gas motors are testament enough for him to find no reason to try anything else.

My experience with Red Line has been nothing but positive and I will go out of my way extra mileage or even pay more for Red Line than I would for a cheaper priced or closer brand of oil.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
hybridsmokeon.jpg
I ran 100:1 Amsoil for 2 years straight. Engine started acting up and I sent everything in,including my DA mufflers.

The mufflers were plugged with hard carbon build up so bad that DA recommended me buying new ones and I did.

Think about how little oil I was running and yet it had so much build up to clog the stock mufflers. I can't imagine running 50:1 Amsoil lol
I bought a second hand omp edge 540 back in 2008. I think the previous owner flew it for 4 or 5 years. That dates the engine near 2003 or 2004. It was a da-50. Swung a Vess 23a. Amsoil Saber at 100:1 for 5 years. Same thing happened to me. Here's what I did to fix my engine:

Switched to red line at 40:1
Took jug off to clean carbon from piston and ring lands, replaced the ring with new one from DA.
Cleaned muffler with dawn power dissolver about 3 times. Could not believe the cap that came out. Each time I rinsed the muffler from sitting overnight after taking toothbrush to it, it belched out a visceral black mess with chunks. It did clean up well after 3rd soaking.

I also used the dawn power dissolver to clean piston.

Slapped her back together and went flying. Tweaked engine tune for the first gallon of gas quite a bit. The engine came alive, I swear it. Before it felt sluggish from being restricted in the exhaust but after a year on redline that engine was running perfect.

It is now in an agtruk.

Still ticking away. I do believe I was the first one at our field running redline. I remember taking a lot of flack for being a da and redline fanboi. Now I see more da's and redline oil at our field now. Ain't that correct @Terryscustom ??

Eventually tried one of sullivan's canisters and that toned down the noise a bunch. i really enjoyed this airplane. sometimes i wish i still had it.
CAM_0053.JPG

CAM_0050.JPG

Last edited: