• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Shop Construction

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Looks like a pole building? I agree with the spray foam comments. Spray foam will do a couple of things for you. First is the insulation value but also is it will reduce some of the building noise. Pole type structures do move and creek a little more than you would think. The spray foam does mitigate that to a degree.

Great project !

tylerzx9r

100cc
Agreed on Spray Foam, but urge you to choose CLOSED CELL FOAM, open cell foam is a better sound insulator but acts like a sink sponge if ever getting wet (snow or rain on any minor leak) Closed cell repels water! I have had several dealings with Conklin brand foams and would never use anything else! If you need some personal info, please PM me!

sweetpea

100cc
I do plan to put in a tub sink that drains out but it is not a priority right now. Down the road I might put in water, but no bathroom unless I win the lottery!

I have some lights now from my old shop that was my Garage in VA. I know I need a lot more! Once I see the inside of the building and how I'm doing the ceiling and hanging my planes with my bicycle lifts I have I'll figure out the lights.

Tonight I'll show the floor tile pictures.

thurmma

150cc
I have a 24 x 28 garage with 8 - 4 bulb fluorescents and there are still times when I wish I had more light :)

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Sweetpea,

Because of their chemistry, most fluorescent lights have awefull color rendition, so if you decide to go that route, buy the lamps with the highest K (kelvin) number you can find. At least 3500K, but 4100K will be better. You may have to go to an electrical supply house and the lamps will cost you a little bit more than the standard 3000K lamps, but visual difference will be well worth it. I also agree with the comment about not having too much light.

sweetpea

100cc
All I know....I'm not going with those curly crap house lights. Those things are too dark and hurt my eyes!!!!!!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Sweetpea,

I'm not referring to compact fluorescent lamps. Allot of the cheaper ones are crap. The lamps I'm referring to are the 4 foot or 8 foot straight fluorescent tubes you usually see office fixtures.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Are you plumbing air lines to different locations in shop ? Would be nice to have done, especially above the shop tables.