• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Shop Construction

Sorry no updates. I got food poisoning over the weekend and am now just getting my energy back. But no work was done anyway, so it doesn't matter. I've been told I'm "next in line" for construction so any day now they will be building the structure that is now killing my grass.

Electrician is showing up this weekend it looks like to do the home to shop wiring. The actual shop wiring is on hold until the bldg. is up and I negotiate a better price or just have him do minimal to pass inspection and then finish it up.

Get it to pass inspection, and then you can add more of what you want. Insulate it for sure. Blue fan fold works well as does the spray in foam.

I even can do a little electrical on the side. But I'm down for the next 2.5 mo with a broken pelvis.

sweetpea

100cc
Ouch!

I think once I see how he wires in one light to the CB I can figure out everything else. I'll have him do a few things just to pass.

Insulation for sure though. Just not sure what type yet. Once the building is up I'll know more

pawnshopmike

Staff member
ATV rollover. Flipped them before, but never a 600# bike.
Wow that sucks bro. Weird thing is, I just had this conversation a couple days ago with a friend of mine. We were taking about how big some of the atv's are these days, like the 700 Grizzly. I told him I flipped a lot of 3 and 4 wheelers when I was young and never really got hurt. But that these new bigger bikes would crush a person.

thurmma

150cc
That sucks Bunky! Down until the middle of the flying season :( Guess that means more time to build stuff to fly later :)

Can't stand on my left leg, nor get into the basement to work on my stuff. Fortunately I have 1 airplane in the new trailer. And 2 helix upstairs in the house to fly.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ouch, that sucks man!!!!!! Hope you heal soon.

Wow that sucks bro. Weird thing is, I just had this conversation a couple days ago with a friend of mine. We were taking about how big some of the atv's are these days, like the 700 Grizzly. I told him I flipped a lot of 3 and 4 wheelers when I was young and never really got hurt. But that these new bigger bikes would crush a person.

I pretty much exclusively ride 3 wheelers now because of the stability and lightweight aspect. Sounds counter-intuitive considering all of the media hype that was force fed upon people way back when but I've never rolled a trike. Looped it in a wheelie sure :laughing: but never actually rolled one. I've rolled every quad I've been on because they don't turn or stop as quickly because of all of the additional weight. Some of these things are pushing close to 1/2 ton depending on how big they are or what they are loaded up with. That's just ridiculous for an ATV. I'll stick to my 3 wheeled shenanigans :way_to_go:

My 84 Kawasaki Tecate 3 weighs a whole 285lb with a full tank, there's no real reason for any sport ATV to weigh much more.

Last edited:

Husker

50cc
Get better soon man. Those things can get real dangerous real fast. A friend of mine lost her dad when he rolled an atv on a hunting trip. Growing up in rural Nebraska just about everyone I know has wrecked one at some point(including me).