• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Shop Construction

sweetpea

100cc
I may do that. I have a compressor already and 2 long lines, so I might do that. What I really need though is a home vacuum system!

sweetpea

100cc
All these ideas cost more $$$. So the dilemma is, I want walls up. I can't afford to do everything at once and yet I want walls up (which I budgeted for). What to do???

thurmma

150cc
Trust me, once the walls are up, the rest will come in time. The main thing is to have a plan BEFORE you start doing things inside. I am sure you have already forged a plan for the shop. Just get it closed in and work on it as time and money permit. Figure out what is essential and go from there. It made a major difference in what I did in my garage/shop :)

sweetpea

100cc
Agreed, except for the inside the wall items like Air, vacuum, wiring for plugs. I have a tentative plan, we'll see what the inside of the building actually looks like when its done. I have an idea, but not the exact

sweetpea

100cc
Sorry no updates. I got food poisoning over the weekend and am now just getting my energy back. But no work was done anyway, so it doesn't matter. I've been told I'm "next in line" for construction so any day now they will be building the structure that is now killing my grass.

Electrician is showing up this weekend it looks like to do the home to shop wiring. The actual shop wiring is on hold until the bldg. is up and I negotiate a better price or just have him do minimal to pass inspection and then finish it up.

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
Nice shop. I used to live in Blanchester and have family in Lebanon still. You will need that insulation so do that for sure.