• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Terryscustom 35% MXS-ST Prototype

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I just might have to build one of your kits Terry, very nice work! It's toss up between yours and Badan yak 55 or maybe there vertigo. I have all summer to think on it. Your making it a hard decision! Lol

That Vertigo would be sweet with a 70 on the nose, I've been pondering one myself. Really wish he would have done the 100cc version though. We exchanged some PM's when he was prototyping the first one, seems like a good dude. The MX kit won't have pocket hinges until I run these hard for quite a while, but standard hinge design has nothing wrong with it. Looking forward to seeing what you choose to build:way_to_go:

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Looking good. I'm sure it's just me but the only thing I never like about this type of set up was the seeing all the slots. Depending on covering choice it will hide most of them. I still may try somthing like it somday.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
can't wait to see this with canopy cowl bellypan and turtle deck. then next to Viper to see differences.

It's going to be very very close. Same physical size, different wing placement and different stabs all together. Fuse foam and shape is all the same. I posted some info on this on post 1-3 of this thread. Got to maiden the Green Viper today.....vids loading.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's going to be very very close. Same physical size, different wing placement and different stabs all together. Fuse foam and shape is all the same. I posted some info on this on post 1-3 of this thread. Got to maiden the Green Viper today.....vids loading.
Video load yet Terry? I know, I know...I am impatient. LOL

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'll post it here too. Again, performance as a reference is with a DA100L. This new MXS-ST will come out easily in the 25-26lb range so performance is not an issue with a smaller engine. I keep getting people asking me about the DA120 and GP123. That's all well and great, but save youself some coin and pick up a used DA100L, or new DLE111/120 and have foamy power with money left in your pocket. The GP may be a good choice since it's much smoother than the DA120, but it would be crazy stupid power. This 100L has a million miles on it and check out the snap in this baby:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'll post it here too. Again, performance as a reference is with a DA100L. This new MXS-ST will come out easily in the 25-26lb range so performance is not an issue with a smaller engine. I keep getting people asking me about the DA120 and GP123. That's all well and great, but save youself some coin and pick up a used DA100L, or new DLE111/120 and have foamy power with money left in your pocket. The GP may be a good choice since it's much smoother than the DA120, but it would be crazy stupid power. This 100L has a million miles on it and check out the snap in this baby:

IMO, that things is precise, smooth, accurate and predictable. After seeing it fly, I really want one. Just curious though Terry, if I purchase one of these, will it come with the pre-loaded software so it flies as nicely as when you fly it? :laughing: