• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Yeah I could probably just use a separate BEC and then a more reasonably priced ESC for it...

I think that I should really just stick with my 41'' Edge for now. It works for what I want to do with it. I'm sure the extra 7'' on the larger one does make a difference but I'm not a crazy 3Der and my setup on my current Edge seems pretty sweet IMO :cool:

:)

Dan

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Yeah I could probably just use a separate BEC and then a more reasonably priced ESC for it...

I think that I should really just stick with my 41'' Edge for now. It works for what I want to do with it. I'm sure the extra 7'' on the larger one does make a difference but I'm not a crazy 3Der and my setup on my current Edge seems pretty sweet IMO :cool:

Dan

Just keep saving up and once you are able to drive, get a job and then you could get a 30cc (that is if you want an airplane like that). Then you can drive to the local park to fly whenever you want :cool:.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Just keep saving up and once you are able to drive, get a job and then you could get a 30cc (that is if you want an airplane like that). Then you can drive to the local park to fly whenever you want :cool:.

I don't think you guys really understand LOL... I make money by selling the stuff that I already have. There's basically no chance that I'll be able to make $500+ just by selling stuff that I have, which isn't that expensive... ;)

And I'm not that careless and would never fly a 30cc (IDK, is that 70''? :confused:) at a local park. But thanks for the suggestion....

Dan

gyro

GSN Contributor
if using savox servoes remember you must get 6.0 volts to them. the best way to do this is get the ice lite 50 and set it to 6.0 volts.

Yup, and the ICE Lite 50 is about $85 last I checked. :(

Dan

I'd recommend a ZTW ESC, with internal 5/5.5/6v BEC. $32 bux for the 45A, or $45 for the 60A.

http://www.quantumhobby.com/ZTW-B-Series-45A-ESC-w-5A-SBEC-Brushless-Speed-Co-p/b-ztw45asbec.htm
http://www.quantumhobby.com/product-p/b-ztw65asbec.htm
http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brus...nd-power-45a-brushless-esc-6a-adjustable-sbec
http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brus...nd-power-65a-brushless-esc-6a-adjustable-sbec

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
I don't think you guys really understand LOL... I make money by selling the stuff that I already have. There's basically no chance that I'll be able to make $500+ just by selling stuff that I have, which isn't that expensive... ;)

And I'm not that careless and would never fly a 30cc (IDK, is that 70''? :confused:) at a local park. But thanks for the suggestion....

Dan
I think I do understand considering I was there 3-4 years ago. Actually I think everyone understands, because everyone has "been there-done that". Thus we are trying to give you some advice. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Selling stuff you already have is not making money unless you get more than you paid for it. Shoveling snow or mowing lawns or picking up pecans or babysitting or cleaning or _________ for a fee is making money. I don't buy this "I can't afford it" line some kids are using and the associated complaining. The key is to identify what you want and make incremental goals and plans to achieve those goals. Many times this requires getting out of your comfort zone and talking to people. Go knock on all your neighbors doors and ask them if they have anything they would pay you to do. If you really put in an effort and can't find a way then I will "understand." If you take this approach you will find a lot of respect among the people that really count in your life. Your family and future employers will reap the benefits of your exceptional character and work ethic.

-end rant.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Another thing I can suggest if you are looking for money is painting. I let the owner of a nearby business that i could do some painting if they needed it. A couple weeks later they called me up and gave me enough work to last a summer. I got enough cash to buy my 46'' yak, 47'' extra, 48'' edge, and a hitec A9. So simply letting people know you can do something sometimes pays off. As I am in college that takes up my time right now and I do not want to be distracted by working. But over the summer I will more than likely try and find something else. just something to keep in mind.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Selling stuff you already have is not making money unless you get more than you paid for it. Shoveling snow or mowing lawns or picking up pecans or babysitting or cleaning or _________ for a fee is making money. I don't buy this "I can't afford it" line some kids are using and the associated complaining. The key is to identify what you want and make incremental goals and plans to achieve those goals. Many times this requires getting out of your comfort zone and talking to people. Go knock on all your neighbors doors and ask them if they have anything they would pay you to do. If you really put in an effort and can't find a way then I will "understand." If you take this approach you will find a lot of respect among the people that really count in your life. Your family and future employers will reap the benefits of your exceptional character and work ethic.

-end rant.

You're REALLY not understanding me then :)

My mom is the type that believes that I'll somehow manage to run myself over with the lawnmower... (etc.) explain enough?

Don't judge me, I'd love to make money. I've got a check coming in the mail from Adsense because I monetize my YouTube videos. I work hard on my channel, and it's not fair of you to tell me that I'm not trying to make money. If there was a way that I could, I would, and I am, just very little.

Dan

njswede

150cc
I was flipping burgers during my high school years. Not the must lucrative or fashionable job, but it was sure nice to have some money of my own. There's always a way to make a few bucks if one is willing to go outside one's comfort zone.

And now I sound like one of those grownups I used to hate when I was a kid... :)