• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm loving the DLE 35ra so far. I have two and a half tanks through it now. It has an amazingly stable idle that locks right in when you chop the throttle.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm loving the DLE 35ra so far. I have two and a half tanks through it now. It has an amazingly stable idle that locks right in when you chop the throttle.

Snuck out at lunch and flew a tank thru my DLE 30. It also is running VERY well, starts quickly and easily after only a couple of flips to prime it.
I threw a bowman ring in and did a minor carb kit rebuild before starting. Can't wait to finish the break in on the 18x8, and then switch to VP 40:1, and throw a 19x8 on there!

dskuro95

100cc
Man, if only you could do this in high school!

Snuck out at lunch and flew a tank thru my DLE 30. It also is running VERY well, starts quickly and easily after only a couple of flips to prime it.
I threw a bowman ring in and did a minor carb kit rebuild before starting. Can't wait to finish the break in on the 18x8, and then switch to VP 40:1, and throw a 19x8 on there!

3dNater

Just for comparison sake... do you have any idea what your static rpms are with the 18x8 on the 30? I'm getting about 7500 static on a xoar 19x8 on the 35.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just for comparison sake... do you have any idea what your static rpms are with the 18x8 on the 30? I'm getting about 7500 static on a xoar 19x8 on the 35.

I'm not perfectly leaned for max yet, but around 7200-7300 IRRC.
I have a Rcexcel rpm sensor on the way, so I'll try and get you some numbers.
I've only got 2/3rd a gallon thru, using lawnboy to break in the bowman ring.
2:09:00 run time on the engine so far.

3dNater

Cool deal. Another factor is altitude as well. The air be thinner here I'm thinking. I'm guessing the 35 has maybe 10% more power.

Did you start with the bowman ring to begin with? At 2 hours I would think it is close to being broken in if it isn't done yet.

These motors just sip the gas too... loving how long a tank lasts. My 8 oz is good for around 20 minutes. Ill probly set my timer at 12 to start out.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Cool deal. Another factor is altitude as well. The air be thinner here I'm thinking. I'm guessing the 35 has maybe 10% more power.

Did you start with the bowman ring to begin with? At 2 hours I would think it is close to being broken in if it isn't done yet.

These motors just sip the gas too... loving how long a tank lasts. My 8 oz is good for around 20 minutes. Ill probly set my timer at 12 to start out.

Yeah, put it in from the get-go. I figured I'd give a full 1 gallon of lawnboy love before hitting it with the high-test.

I've got a 16oz in mine, and since I'm heavy on the gas pedal, my timer is set for 18min, so I land with a little in reserve.

3dNater

I never got the plane in the air. The wind was whipping up above 20 mph. I didn't bring my charger and my flight pack was hitting the low voltage alarm. I did burn some dino carcass though ;)