• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
They all do that :D My 48" edge did it too. When you put it into a spin it causes the prop to make a chopping sound and it reverberates through the fuse. It is a cool sound. I can always get everyone at the field to look up whenever I want :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
Saw the vid, you're lucky you pulled out when you did, otherwise you might not have been able to get her level before the crash. Glad damage was only minor!

wedoitall

yea my planes growl too, just seemed your growl was better than mine. lol glad the damage wasn't that bad. what got damage?

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Saw the vid, you're lucky you pulled out when you did, otherwise you might not have been able to get her level before the crash. Glad damage was only minor!

It was a very close call on getting it level... only JUST made it.

yea my planes growl too, just seemed your growl was better than mine. lol glad the damage wasn't that bad. what got damage?

It could be the 15x6 prop that makes it louder. It was plenty loud on the 14x7 though...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Heading out right now with four of my airplanes, for some windy day flying. I have my 106 extra, my 89 slick, my 71 slick, and my 64 MXS.
Going to try and get the dle111 in the 106 fine tuned, and give the EME 60 it's first start.

joshgluck

100cc
My dad and I have 2 car batteries in our car(pedo van) with a switch. It allows you to pick which battery or both batteries. We charge off on one battery and if it does(which it does) it will charge when the car is running. We never run into a problem this way. The switch is under the passenger seat so it easy to get too. We ran 8 gauge wire to the back of the van to make sure it was holding amperage.

Pedo van?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Heading out right now with four of my airplanes, for some windy day flying. I have my 106 extra, my 89 slick, my 71 slick, and my 64 MXS.
Going to try and get the dle111 in the 106 fine tuned, and give the EME 60 it's first start.

EME 60 started effortlessly, ran very well on first flight. 6360 RPM on a Xoar 24x8 laminated prop at near factory settings.. Didn't even try for max rpm yet. Very impressed on the first flight!