• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dskuro95

100cc
Rcgirl said she has one in her crashed elevator. If she can get it out she will send it to me. If not I will go this way. Thanks Snowdog

So basically cut out a rectangle and bevel with sandpaper. The whole thing should take less than 30 min including setup time.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
saw?...popsicle sticks, elmers school glue and a dremel

I'll make mine from ply. I like popsicle sticks, but not for that spot on the 70. I feel the elevator halves are just too big to trust with that wood. I think it needs hardwood or ply.

dskuro95

100cc
+1. I do a lot of parachutes with my 70 so I agree on that one. Also I am have a joiner on it's way! Thanks ashleigh(rcgril)!

Also, does anyone know if you can use acetone instead of debonder to get my old joiner out?

I'll make mine from ply. I like popsicle sticks, but not for that spot on the 70. I feel the elevator halves are just too big to trust with that wood. I think it needs hardwood or ply.

3dNater

+1. I do a lot of parachutes with my 70 so I agree on that one. Also I am have a joiner on it's way! Thanks ashleigh(rcgril)!

Also, does anyone know if you can use acetone instead of debonder to get my old joiner out?

Heh, depends on what was used to secure it. Mine was epoxied in so acetone won't really help. If yours is CA'd in you can use acetone... it is the main ingredient in debonder anyway.

dskuro95

100cc
Acetone will not screw up the ultracote if I get it on? Also, if it was epoxied in, what do I use toget it out?

Heh, depends on what was used to secure it. Mine was epoxied in so acetone won't really help. If yours is CA'd in you can use acetone... it is the main ingredient in debonder anyway.

3dNater

If it is epoxied I'd just use a dremel to cut it out. Try to keep your cutting to the material you actually want to remove and go slow. I don't THINK acetone will hurt the ultracote.