• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Uh oh... :(

Going to try something different?
I think I'm going to have to. It's been like 7 servo's(and 3 planes because of servos) since Nall
ive had some bad luck with them also lately. I put a 5245 in the elevator of my 48" MXS, its been pretty rock solid so far.
I'm thinking of just getting rid of the smaller planes at this point, I don't have enough $ to invest in a set of new servos. I'd like to get a 58 edge and/or a 74 edge, so that way I can actually fly hard in the wind too. Every week I'm losing atleast 1 servo, it's been ridiculous.

Today was very windy(between about 12 mph to gusts of 20+)so I didn't fly hard. First flight on my laser I take off, did a 1/4 point roll to 1 3/4 snap to level. The laser snaps fairly violently, so to get a smooth point I give a small right aileron input to stop the rotation, and as soon as it was level it did a non-axiel roll to the left, which I caught at about the first 1/4 point, and held full right aileron for about 3 seconds before the servo got unstuck, and rolled back to level. Luckily the aileron held up long enough for me to land, but if the one went bad, I'm gonna swap them both out, because it's got to be near it's end too. It took only about 25 flights, and the Laser has already gone through a rudder servo, an elevator servo, and now an aileron(and my first Laser crashed at Joe nall when both the elevator and rudder crapped out while harrier rolling). Time for an ebay sale!

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Anybody know if these will fit in a 58 edge? Specs are awesome, and I believe they are the same size as 5245's
http://www.helidirect.com/rjx-fs0391-mini-cyclic-servo-p-31360.hdx?

Operation Voltage: 6V-8.4V
Weight: 50g(1.7oz)
Torque: 8.4kg/cm (116.7oz/in)@6V
9.6kg/cm (133.37oz/in)@7.4V
10.6kg/cm (147.2oz/in)@8.4V
Speed: 0.03(sec/60°)@8.4V
0.032(sec/60°)@7.4V
0.035(sec/60°)@6V
Dimension: 15x36x35.5mm
Frequence: 1520µs/333hz
Gear Type: Metal gear
Motor type: Coreless motor

jmart95

70cc twin V2
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the firefighters that lost their lives in AZ. The one that made it was a close friend of mine. He grew up a block from my house. It is a total fluke that he was able to escape the fate of his comrades.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Blog/20...s-elite-fire-crew-mourned/6791372684821/#!/2/
Wow, that's terrible, glad to hear your friend is okay though. That's such a terrible loss, my thoughts go out to the families as well

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Wow, that's terrible, glad to hear your friend is okay though. That's such a terrible loss, my thoughts go out to the families as well

Ya, I can only imagine what he is going through right now as well. 19 people he worked intimately with every day are all gone at once. Its just crazy.