• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Yeah, that's gotta be tough, especially with the comradery of a job like that, more of a family than a bunch of coworkers.

aronph

70cc twin V2
If we would have sent firefighters instead of the military we would have caught Bin Laden in a 1/4 of the time

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
If we would have sent firefighters instead of the military we would have caught Bin Laden in a 1/4 of the time

Easy man, let's not idolize one fantastic heroic group for the sake of another fantastic heroic group! Sacrifices are being made on many fronts by many individuals. They all deserve our respect and gratitude. The "boots" don't make the decisions, the suits do.

dth7

I am still counting before I make a reply to this and maybe you should have done the same thing.

Seems like more of a misguided praise for one group without thinking it through.
I hope that's it. Otherwise, I'm counting too.

aronph

70cc twin V2
it was half a joke but firefighters are the only kind of people I know that will take half a building down just to jump in a fire to save a dog....no disrespect to the armed forces....lighten up guys...jeesh

dth7

it was half a joke but firefighters are the only kind of people I know that will take half a building down just to jump in a fire to save a dog....no disrespect to the armed forces....lighten up guys...jeesh

It's hard to read tone in forums and emails. This is a touchy subject with a war going on and people giving their lives in both groups. Lots of active, reserve and guard members and their families on here as well as firefighters and families too I'd guess. "Discuss anything" does have some limits I think.
How about we get back to the hobby and leave the politics to other forums (there are plenty)!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Much respect to my coworkers in the armed services, and to the public safety and first responders who keep us safe at home. They're all heroes to me.
Now that all that is settled....

So who is planning on going flying this holiday weekend?

dth7

Much respect to my coworkers in the armed services, and to the public safety and first responders who keep us safe at home. They're all heroes to me.
Now that all that is settled....

So who is planning on going flying this holiday weekend?

I'm going to try in between thunderstorms! Need to get the Turbo Beaver on floats with this weather. Have a great fourth everyone.