• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
My moment yesterday was making low high speed passes down the runway. They were all upright at first till I started to feel comfortable. Then I did one with a slow roll to inverted that was like 6 ft in front of me and the low wing was about a foot high. For some guys that is routine but that is the first time I have ever done something like that while the plane had that much energy. Huge pucker factor :)

That's awesome Nate. I haven't done anything like that yet, but honestly the maiden of my 104 had a huge pucker factor all of its own. I think I'm going to challenge myself with a moment like yours, except instead of a slow roll, I'm going to do a full throttle KE pass at 2ft. :D

disclaimer: it may take me a while to get up the nerve

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Right before sunset. Full moon rising towards east. Flying knife edge loops "around the moon" with the plane lit up by the low angle light of the sunset.

No one there but me

Pretty memorable

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
That's way farther than 2 hours from Vegas. You must be on vacation.

Oh I guess I only said it on this thread. I'm a St. Louis resident now. I do miss the hospitality of my club, and just flying with other people. But at least I get to go see incredible pilots at amazing events.

AKfreak

150cc
Wow, that's a much different place to live are you having any problems adjusting to the different climate?. Hows the humidity and the pollen? The Midwest is a wonderful place to live. I own 120 acres of land outside of KC and I am thinking of moving back there at the end of August. Best of luck in your new home, AKf

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Wow, that's a much different place to live are you having any problems adjusting to the different climate?. Hows the humidity and the pollen? The Midwest is a wonderful place to live. I own 120 acres of land outside of KC and I am thinking of moving back there at the end of August. Best of luck in your new home, AKf

I'm actually pretty acclimated with it now. I just hate the bugs! The humidity is much better than the "Dry Heat" I'm used to.

P.S. I'll be coming back in the fall for a bit. I'll do some flying at both fields

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Team usa soccer

Well I just watched Team USA loose to Belgium. They went 0-0 and then into over time. Watched a missed header opportunity and then bam... Belgium scores, then Belgium scores again... ah I can't watch. Had to to turn it off!

TEAM USA should be proud, they played well!