• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The Behemoth Yak gets a Behemoth Brother/129" Pilot Yak (2)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
To follow up on the current draw thing, an individual servo probably won't draw 75-150 amps (just take my word for it ;) ). A single servo plug is capable of 3 amps continuous current, and can handle upwards of 10 amps burst for a few seconds. Some people have tested some plugs to 10 amps continuous for several minutes and while the connector got hot, it still took it.

Generally speaking, if we go off of the HS-M7990TH, it is capable of around 5 amps of current draw under a load. If you have 13 of these in an airplane and they all are under load drawing around 5 amps of current then you're looking at 65 amps of current draw! :eek: That's why I went away from the Fromeco packs because while they may work well for some peoples styles of flying, they just couldn't cut it for mine :on_the_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
To follow up on the current draw thing, an individual servo probably won't draw 75-150 amps (just take my word for it ;) ). A single servo plug is capable of 3 amps continuous current, and can handle upwards of 10 amps burst for a few seconds. Some people have tested some plugs to 10 amps continuous for several minutes and while the connector got hot, it still took it.

Generally speaking, if we go off of the HS-M7990TH, it is capable of around 5 amps of current draw under a load. If you have 13 of these in an airplane and they all are under load drawing around 5 amps of current then you're looking at 65 amps of current draw! :eek: That's why I went away from the Fromeco packs because while they may work well for some peoples styles of flying, they just couldn't cut it for mine :on_the_go:
Probably true. But just to clarify, I have two 7990's for the rudder, six 79544's feeding the ailerons, and four 7954's taking care of the business on the elevators. Plus one 7954 on the throttle. All said and done, 5 to 6-10 to 12 minute flights brings me to a recharge of about 2200 to 2400 milliamps per flight pack.

Which 4800 milliamps out of 10400 total capacity gives me a very comfortable margin of safety on my lithium-ion packs.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I should add this note. Fromeco mentioned it is not wise to allow usage below 80 percent of total capacity. That would be 8320 mah. That still provides a safe margin.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Kind of a cool video of the Yak. Still one out there and I'll try to get it posted soon. Hopefully this will suffice until then.
That was a very cool video I liked that, especially the slow motion. I learnt something from it . The one thing that I noticed is that you almost have the ailerons set all the time almost never have them at neutral. Will use that info next time I try to do 3D thanks.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That was a very cool video I liked that, especially the slow motion. I learnt something from it . The one thing that I noticed is that you almost have the ailerons set all the time almost never have them at neutral. Will use that info next time I try to do 3D thanks.
That is due to the torque of the red-headed 4-cylinder Beast. Lol. Actually you will find that exists with a lot of planes in a hover. Hence it is much easier to torque roll to the left than it is the right.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Cool video! I see you have the proper 3D guy stance there with the wide spread feet. Now you just need to hold the radio at arms length, antenna pointed at the ground and you'll have it.
:lol2:
Or do the twisty radio thingy. Bend the knees, lean to one side, jerk the radio up real quick. I dunno. Got a long way to go to learn the proper stance.
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That is due to the torque of the red-headed 4-cylinder Beast. Lol. Actually you will find that exists with a lot of planes in a hover. Hence it is much easier to torque roll to the left than it is the right.
What I learnt was that I should hold a little aileron on all the time instead of continually correcting this will probably make it easier, just trying to teach an old dog new tricks. And ones again thanks for the sow motion video, I which people would do it more often you can actually see how it is done and how the response is done thanks.
I will have to work on my stance as @Jetpainter has made us aware off, that is important, working on it.