• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Rain stopped me from attending Joe Nall the one day that I had open this year. I like to go once every five years or so. I get invites to other big events in state and out but never get around to it.
Would have been fun to meet you there! I had such a great time despite the weather at times. Met sooo many people I've conversed with over the last couple decades that I got to meet in person and met even more people that are hoping to meet up again next year. I really hope I can make it happen.

TonyHallo

150cc
Flight line at the CORKS scale event. I came a day early to practice, good thing, the runway is much narrower than I’m accustomed to

Attachments

• IMG_3440.jpeg
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18

TonyHallo

150cc
Flight line on Saturday during the event. I had a great time talking with other fliers with similar interests. Jeff Clombs flew in with the Rans M21 that he build. Jeff was pattern guy back in the day, I remember seeing him in a booth at Toledo cutting foam cores with a CNC hot wire cutter. That was 30+ years ago. I think he's into to full scale now. My Champ has a longer takeoff roll than his plane.
Next event is the NASA Fall Classic in three weeks being held at the BAMS club that I belong to.

IMG_3442.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3442.jpg
    IMG_3442.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3441.jpg
    IMG_3441.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 12
  • NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SCALE AEROMODELERS.pdf
    501.6 KB · Views: 15

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I’ve done both (fish and fly) on a pond like that. That pond is very similar to my uncles. I would be working the opposite bank minutes after I was done flying.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well did the maiden on the 35cc Skywing slick V3. Interesting plane flies very well and extremely light. Landing is very different it comes in surprisingly fast for some reason, then at the last second before touchdown it slows down very quickly and land’s great but it is something I am going to have to get use to.
like the plane and would recommend it it most.
IMG_0254.jpeg