• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

emtp275

100cc
@ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969 I know yall were beat from yesterday but I have one question for you!
danger.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
After being poured on yesterday, woke up to beautiful clear skies, decided to sneak in a couple of flights in the morning before doing a birthday lunch for my dad. Got one solid flight in with the Slick, and as I was literally half a foot up from harrier landing, it just dropped out of the sky, completely dead :eek::eek:

No response at all, my CC 10amp BEC was dead too. Rebooted everything and it all powered back up. Decided to take my one mulligan and pack it in :oblong: Thinking my BEC got overloaded, going to upgrade to the higher powered version.

Well there's always next weekend. Sucks it's a whole week away :(:rolleyes:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Well little man, and my other son Herb, myself and @emtp275 went out again today. Things went well to begin with, Jacob was a bit heavy handed on the sticks, but finally got him to slow down, and damn if he didn't make a full pattern:banana-dance:. Not bad for his 3rd flight. Well things went south after this, Justin's transmitter started acting up, and then total lock out. I'm not sure what happened to trans, but screen wouldn't come on at all, switch light would, but no screen, then after 6 or 8 tries, of unplugging battery, and flipping switch on/off it came back on. He did bang up his little Slick, but not bad. Jacob stepped up, and told him to use his transmitter, so he's back in the game till he gets his fixed. I'll stick A9 in his trainer, and we'll continue flying. Hate ya had trouble Justin, but it happens, just glad it wasn't with one of the big girls.

emtp275

100cc
Well little man, and my other son Herb, myself and @emtp275 went out again today. Things went well to begin with, Jacob was a bit heavy handed on the sticks, but finally got him to slow down, and damn if he didn't make a full pattern:banana-dance:. Not bad for his 3rd flight. Well things went south after this, Justin's transmitter started acting up, and then total lock out. I'm not sure what happened to trans, but screen wouldn't come on at all, switch light would, but no screen, then after 6 or 8 tries, of unplugging battery, and flipping switch on/off it came back on. He did bang up his little Slick, but not bad. Jacob stepped up, and told him to use his transmitter, so he's back in the game till he gets his fixed. I'll stick A9 in his trainer, and we'll continue flying. Hate ya had trouble Justin, but it happens, just glad it wasn't with one of the big girls.
Yep crashing the 42 was a win in my book It could have been one of the others or Lil Mans trainer and he dont need that set back, Futaba says a short in the Board or the screen and by the time i play the waiting game and pay shipping and labor plus parts Id just assume have a new not opened and repaired radio that I can have warm and fuzzys with LOL so new one is on the way just keep me away from any thing you care about thats two fried transmitters in a month.