• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
And this is why we try new stuff up high :oblong::confused::D:p:(

View attachment 84803

Already have a new cowl, canopy, and rudder coming in the mail. Everything else is fine, even the engine, prop, and spinner managed to make it out just fine.

Well looks like Chief doesn't have the parts in stock and it may be another 4-5 months before I can get them :( Going to have to go through Tony.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I got out to the field yesterday afternoon. I'm normally a morning guy, but my partner in crime Tony had to help his wife with a yard sale in the morning so afternoon it was. It looked like we were going to get rained on just as we got our planes together and fueled, but it all blew over and even managed to cool off slightly. Since we were late, we had to park in a different spot than usual, but it was nice and shady most of the time. I did manage to break something on my Pilot Edge playing around landing kinda high alpha when the wind died. The carbon fiber tail wheel is broke, but I need to check it all out and see if that's all. The mains look fine, but I need to spend some time inspecting it.

20160731_172034_resized.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I got out to the field yesterday afternoon. I'm normally a morning guy, but my partner in crime Tony had to help his wife with a yard sale in the morning so afternoon it was. It looked like we were going to get rained on just as we got our planes together and fueled, but it all blew over and even managed to cool off slightly. Since we were late, we had to park in a different spot than usual, but it was nice and shady most of the time. I did manage to break something on my Pilot Edge playing around landing kinda high alpha when the wind died. The carbon fiber tail wheel is broke, but I need to check it all out and see if that's all. The mains look fine, but I need to spend some time inspecting it.

View attachment 84852

Some really sharp looking planes there!!! :way_to_go:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well looks like Chief doesn't have the parts in stock and it may be another 4-5 months before I can get them :( Going to have to go through Tony.

That's why I opted for the repair to my rudder. Chief could not get it in a reasonable amount of time and Chief stated that to me up front. So I don't hold them down for it. You got plastic and fiberglass banged up tho......Your DA70 can take up your time now until the parts arrive :way_to_go:.

Photo315.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's why I opted for the repair to my rudder. Chief could not get it in a reasonable amount of time and Chief stated that to me up front. So I don't hold them down for it. You got plastic and fiberglass banged up tho......Your DA70 can take up your time now until the parts arrive :way_to_go:.

View attachment 84858

I was hoping to keep the miles down on it since it's like a prized possession (first new engine I bought) but I guess I'll have to if I want to fly.

----------------

New video!!!

Last edited: