• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks for the info bro. I'm still looking for a home for my DA50R. Sounds like it would be overkill on this beauty. The search continues....

Actually I've had my eyes peeled for a deal on an AMR Trainer 50 kit. Seems like just a couple years ago those kits were going for $325. Now they are up to $599 and sold out. Yikes!
You're welcome. Yes, the 50 would be way overkill. Doesn't Aero-works have a big ole 195 tail dragger? I've seen a few really nice big and very scale looking Cessna's. What about rcboys?

BalsaDust

Thanks for the info bro. I'm still looking for a home for my DA50R. Sounds like it would be overkill on this beauty. The search continues....

Actually I've had my eyes peeled for a deal on an AMR Trainer 50 kit. Seems like just a couple years ago those kits were going for $325. Now they are up to $599 and sold out. Yikes!

I gave one suggestion for what we could build to bolt that 50 on.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Finally broke out the screwdriver and dialed the 70 in today. She's a screamer for sure!!!!

20160731_123021.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @pawnshopmike,

You need to strongly consider the AMR 30cc Stick for your DA 50 instead of the big trainer. My Buddy has the 50cc AMR Stick like I am building with a 3W78 twin bolted to the firewall and it is not too heavy. As a matter of fact, it balances out very well with the big twin. As you know, I'm putting a 70 twin on mine for the same reason. I think the DA 50 would be a killer engine for the 30cc Stick. It's not , nor never will be a 3D plane, but it will fly in almost ANY flying condition.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hey @pawnshopmike,

You need to strongly consider the AMR 30cc Stick for your DA 50 instead of the big trainer. My Buddy has the 50cc AMR Stick like I am building with a 3W78 twin bolted to the firewall and it is not too heavy. As a matter of fact, it balances out very well with the big twin. As you know, I'm putting a 70 twin on mine for the same reason. I think the DA 50 would be a killer engine for the 30cc Stick. It's not , nor never will be a 3D plane, but it will fly in almost ANY flying condition.
Thanks for the info bro. I'll give that some thought.

thurmma

150cc
Went out tonight and got 2 more flights on the Extra since cleaning the RE3 pipes. The ZDZ-180 is swinging the 29x12x3 EVO at over 7000 in the air on a high speed pass! It will pull the Extra through a double snap on an upline and not even miss a beat, just keeps pulling :) I am processing a video my daughter took tonight and will upload it when it is done. Just flying the Intermediate sequence one time and then the double snap on an upline to show how well it pulls :) @orthobird Cam, the video should be up in the next 20 minutes or so. I had her take a second video of just an upline with the double snap also. She had a hard time keeping up with the plane so it does get blurry but, you can hear the engine never miss a beat and just keeps on pulling :)

thurmma

150cc
Here is the full flight with a double snap on the upline at the end of the video :)

@orthobird Critique on the sequence is welcome also. I know I missed full rotation on the negative snap on 45 downline :) I had reduced my elevator throw to tighten up the snaps and hadn't adjusted to the timing on that snap :)