• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey @49dimes,

Who is this "US" you're referring to? ! ? ! ?. . . . . Do you have a mouse in your pocket? . . . . . .:spongebob:. Well, I guess it's like the old saying goes. If the shoe fits, wear it. . . . . :laughing: OK, I have to come clean here, I will be 54 in about 7 hours.

Be careful out in the heat everyone.

David

Happy Birthday man! I'll be 55 this year. Feels like 75 sometimes. ;)

Ok Ok Guys...........On the seventh day of the ninth month of the year one thousand nine hundred sixty a son was begotten to Roberta and Glendal Davis. Their only son.

And that's the truth! :p.

BalsaDust

Couple nice looking slabs there bro. What is the orange one and where did the clear landing gear some from? Thanks

That would be the EE60 sold through Wrong Way RC. Landing gear looks like ones a probro buddy was making and selling for a while expiermenting in finding a replacement for tetherlites. Don't think he makes them anymore.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
It is a Hangar 9 182 150. 95" Wingspan. Great for poking holes in the sky.

Thanks for the info. What power plant do you have on that beauty? I checked out the specs on Hangar 9's website and it says 16.5-18.5 lbs. But it recommends a 23-26cc engine. Seems like it would barely get off the ground with that setup.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Couple nice looking slabs there bro. What is the orange one and where did the clear landing gear some from? Thanks

Thanks, It's actually red but does look orange on that pic. It's an Hazzbro EE60, sold by WrongwayRC running a DLE 20. It was my first balsa build. Got my original gear from another Profile Bro. But I broke it and decided to make my own. I ordered a sheet of polycarbonate and had my panel shop cut it and bend it up. I have a few spares now.

JAG

70cc twin V2
I made a few spares. I tend to land a little hard sometimes. I did make these a little wider than my originals so they should be a little stronger. With the right heat and some patience you can make the bends nice and clear with no burning or melting.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks for the info. What power plant do you have on that beauty? I checked out the specs on Hangar 9's website and it says 16.5-18.5 lbs. But it recommends a 23-26cc engine. Seems like it would barely get off the ground with that setup.
I think that info might be outdated. Actual flying weight is around 17-19 lbs. When I maidened it the first time a few years ago, I had a Saito 180 with on board electric starter and on board glow driver. She was 21 at lift off. The 180 was superb for performance, but dang, who can afford the fuel? Yikes! Besides, it was...glow. (shudder) lol.

It is now sporting a DLA 32cc gasser. I've been very impressed with the DLA. Crank makes a little clank noise like all lesser expensive Chinese motors. But it has good power. More than enought for the Cessna. She did loose nearly 2 or so lbs. in the switch. The really cool thing about the DLA is it is pretty dared dependable. It can sit for an hour or two and I can give the little single a few flips no choke, and she's just a purring.

Too bad the plane is discontinued.

Thanks for your comments Mike!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I think that info might be outdated. Actual flying weight is around 17-19 lbs. When I maidened it the first time a few years ago, I had a Saito 180 with on board electric starter and on board glow driver. She was 21 at lift off. The 180 was superb for performance, but dang, who can afford the fuel? Yikes! Besides, it was...glow. (shudder) lol.

It is now sporting a DLA 32cc gasser. I've been very impressed with the DLA. Crank makes a little clank noise like all lesser expensive Chinese motors. But it has good power. More than enought for the Cessna. She did loose nearly 2 or so lbs. in the switch. The really cool thing about the DLA is it is pretty dared dependable. It can sit for an hour or two and I can give the little single a few flips no choke, and she's just a purring.

Too bad the plane is discontinued.

Thanks for your comments Mike!
Thanks for the info bro. I'm still looking for a home for my DA50R. Sounds like it would be overkill on this beauty. The search continues....

Actually I've had my eyes peeled for a deal on an AMR Trainer 50 kit. Seems like just a couple years ago those kits were going for $325. Now they are up to $599 and sold out. Yikes!