• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Don't make a list, just buy the parts over time and it will seem like they are free!
I agree that is how I use to do it but now days it is getting harder and harder to get stuff and often out of stock. So you need keep looking and buy it as soon as you see or it is available.
Been try to buy a set of JR servos and they have been out of stock for months not an easy company to deal with.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I outfitted my 42% Sukhoi over a 4-5 year period. I grabbed the ARF right at close out with 3 combined discounts, bought 1/2 the servos on Black Friday the next year, found a almost new DA 170 with headers and pipes another year, then bought the rest of the servos on another sale. Hard to realize that I have $3500 or more in that plane but I do.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I outfitted my 42% Sukhoi over a 4-5 year period. I grabbed the ARF right at close out with 3 combined discounts, bought 1/2 the servos on Black Friday the next year, found a almost new DA 170 with headers and pipes another year, then bought the rest of the servos on another sale. Hard to realize that I have $3500 or more in that plane but I do.

That’s what I meant it adds up quickly before you know it you have spent a lot more than what you intended. We are all a sick bunch of model plane builders.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
1717970372155.png

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
are you getting an error message or just cant find them? It might be a permission issue (enable the website to allow access to your album). New apple product software allows you to grab the focused image and delete the background if you press and hold which looks like what happened there?