• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok started covering the ViperSt. This is my first plane that I am covering that has styrofoam wings and stabilizer. It sure covers differently. The covering does not want stick down. Get all the edges nicely brown no wrinkles etc, but the centre I keep going over the hot bubble with a hot iron and it just stays there. It goes brown when I take the iron off but that section is not glued down. I guess I will have to prick it a few times to release the air and iron it down.
Does anyone one have any suggestions.

Alky6

150cc
Ok started covering the ViperSt. This is my first plane that I am covering that has styrofoam wings and stabilizer. It sure covers differently. The covering does not want stick down. Get all the edges nicely brown no wrinkles etc, but the centre I keep going over the hot bubble with a hot iron and it just stays there. It goes brown when I take the iron off but that section is not glued down. I guess I will have to prick it a few times to release the air and iron it down.
Does anyone one have any suggestions.
You need to have a pin in-hand and poke a couple small holes in the covering wherever you see bubbles start to form when heating. Use a heat gun or iron (I use both depending where I am at) and put a pin hole in the bubble(s) and work the air towards the holes. The holes won't show up in the covering. I also use a soft mitt to go over the covering as it cools to ensure the adhesive adheres to the wood. Once you start, it will become second nature. Edit (I just use a small t-pin to poke the holes).

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
My Pilot Extra 330sc 78" is "Officially" an electric version now :too-cool:. Hatch removal a snap now:rolleyes:.

1216161114-01.jpg
1216161115-00.jpg
1216161116-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
3f176d24c6ebcd558f28353f72699275.jpg
63fe28290d24b652fd48f3e42a11f599.jpg
ff78f86b19bb3a09c3d608a28a3dd3f2.jpg

A little closer to IMAC 2017. Hopefully it's not to loud with stock mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is 120 I do not think so but if 100 you may at our field we have a person running around with sound meter which we all would like to kill but it seems the 100's are passing but 120 are just to load.
I may be wrong but you put all the good Viton tubing on the out side but if I am not mistaken it looks like you still have blue Tyson on the insides. Why would you not put it on the inside of the tank is it not more important to have it on the inside.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1416.JPG
Got the stabilizer's done took a lot longer than I had anticipated. But end up looking good the top is just white do not know what to do jet. Thinking of copying the original design done for the ViperSt but with orange whit and blue. I do not know if I should do the wings next or the fuselage. What would you gentleman do.