• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thanks for the input. I'm tempted to repair mine myself but the extreme flight website shows that its only $35 for a replacement.

Great! I thought that was an aero-beez or sumtin:confused:. His repair/paint service would be close to that and of course you have to take two way shipping in to account. Just throwing it out there. He has done some really nice work for me and many others. Not trying to eat a spam samich LOL

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
2 new Falcon 28x9.5 propellers and a 4" carbon spinner. Just waiting on my 120 to get back from DA and parts to arrive from Pilot before I can have 2 complete 120cc airplanes again :epic:

20170724_110716.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Woohoo! The DA120 showed up today!!

received_10214660502373153.jpeg

All shiny new and ready to roll again. Desert Aircraft once again proving why their customer support is the best on the planet, they really came through this time. I'll have a hard time justifying a different brand of engine, call me a fanboy or what you will but I'm completely sold on the brand.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2

View attachment 97752

All shiny new and ready to roll again. Desert Aircraft once again proving why their customer support is the best on the planet, they really came through this time. I'll have a hard time justifying a different brand of engine, call me a fanboy or what you will but I'm completely sold on the brand.
I know what you mean. I am always looking for a deal with an engine and read a lot about other brands. Some of the cheaper engines are coming with decent records now. I have 3 DAs and it is really hard to buy another brand even though it is less price. DA's service for me has been outstanding.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

View attachment 97752

I look at it this way, why would a guy change to another brand equipment when what he is already using works awesome for him. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with being a fanboy. I like my DA's, my JR transmitter and Spektrum receivers because they work great for me. Other brands work great for other people. I know @stangflyer loves his 3 Dub's, and you both like your Hitec radios, more power to ya I say.:way_to_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I look at it this way, why would a guy change to another brand equipment when what he is already using works awesome for him. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with being a fanboy. I like my DA's, my JR transmitter and Spektrum receivers because they work great for me. Other brands work great for other people. I know @stangflyer loves his 3 Dub's, and you both like your Hitec radios, more power to ya I say.:way_to_go:
I couldn't agree more. I use what I like. I use what works best for me. I have seen some dang fine running DA's. I have seen a ton of planes lost to Spektrum. But just because I use what I use, does not in anyway shape or form mean it is the absolute best. For me, it all comes down to "knowing" I can trust a specific item. But if someone wants to run a DLA or RCGF? That is their choice.

I just can't drink beer with a JR user though. Kind of against my religion. hearty-laugh.gif
Just kidding....lmao, I crack me up sometimes. Hee hee

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well to add to this love my DA and they have always treated me very well and promptly. The same can be said for 3W. Must say up until a couple of years ago die hard JR fan but since there change and just left most of us in the dust not so much anymore. Spectrum not to sure about see a few things that made me thinks twice about them. So on radios I am on the fence and still looking.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have to say that I have also always gotten excellent service from Joe Mitchell who ran the former ZDZ USA. Every question or concern I had he had a definitive answer for me and always gave extremely sound advice, it's just a shame that he couldn't continue on the ZDZ USA business. Hopefully the next guy that picks up the ZDZ USA name will offer the same excellent service.