• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I did what I could to tidy up the servo wiring in my Goblin. I'm about as far as I can go until I get some male to male leads to hook my receiver to the Microbeast FBL controller.

20150729_210626_resized.jpg
20150729_210642_resized.jpg
20150729_210650_resized.jpg

BalsaDust

image.jpg
I broke it so now it's on the bench getting repaired. Some how I don't think this plane is going to last me very long. Having way to much fun with it and getting stupid low with it. LOL started learning inverted harriers and said what the hell I can do upright ones down low so might as well stay down low while doing them inverted. Giving this accident was from me finally nailing a perfect blender. Go to put in opposite rudder to stop the inverted flat spin and nothing happened. Found my rudder pushrod about 10' from the plane at the scene of the lawn dart. Did at least get it rolled upright before it went in so it didn't crunch up the can-o-pee.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
I broke it so now it's on the bench getting repaired. Some how I don't think this plane is going to last me very long. Having way to much fun with it and getting stupid low with it. LOL started learning inverted harriers and said what the hell I can do upright ones down low so might as well stay down low while doing them inverted. Giving this accident was from me finally nailing a perfect blender. Go to put in opposite rudder to stop the inverted flat spin and nothing happened. Found my rudder pushrod about 10' from the plane at the scene of the lawn dart. Did at least get it rolled upright before it went in so it didn't crunch up the can-o-pee.

Take the gear off and hand launch it!!! I've been known to do that myself:D...with 30 and 50cc's

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 33107 I broke it so now it's on the bench getting repaired. Some how I don't think this plane is going to last me very long. Having way to much fun with it and getting stupid low with it. LOL started learning inverted harriers and said what the hell I can do upright ones down low so might as well stay down low while doing them inverted. Giving this accident was from me finally nailing a perfect blender. Go to put in opposite rudder to stop the inverted flat spin and nothing happened. Found my rudder pushrod about 10' from the plane at the scene of the lawn dart. Did at least get it rolled upright before it went in so it didn't crunch up the can-o-pee.
Ouch. I'm sure it won't take you long to patch it up and get back in the air.

BalsaDust

Take the gear off and hand launch it!!! I've been known to do that myself:D...with 30 and 50cc's
I have thought about that and frankly it would help the vertical CG on it. My concern is breaking props on landings though as I will be switching to wood props as soon as they come in. Hadn't ordered them until I knew which prop worked best for my setup.

Guess it's time to make some wire landing gear that will flex. LOL

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Got the 100cc all setup and just about dialed in. Just need to tweak the rudder servos to get perfect geometry (even with an SWB tray I'm still going to be anal :oblong: ) and tidy up inside and it'll be ready to re-maiden.

Thinking I need to buy the 37.5% Yak landing gear from Pilot for it, stock may be too short for me....