• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Got my aileron servos replaced tonight. After having two on the Electrifly servos fail me I decide to yank the rest of them out too. Going to try the Tactic Micro Servos out and see if they are any better. I had them in stock and they fit the old servo holes perfect. Just have to swap out the arms cause the old ones don't fit.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I started the night wanting to put some snake skin on the wiring on my Goblin heli. That lasted just long enough to find out that I didn't have enough of the right size heat shrink to do more than two servo leads. S0 I went through all my screws and nuts and such to put in an order with Trimcraft Aviation RC. It never ceases to amaze me how you can have boxes and boxes of screws and not have the right ones.

20150727_205455_resized.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I started the night wanting to put some snake skin on the wiring on my Goblin heli. That lasted just long enough to find out that I didn't have enough of the right size heat shrink to do more than two servo leads. S0 I went through all my screws and nuts and such to put in an order with Trimcraft Aviation RC. It never ceases to amaze me how you can have boxes and boxes of screws and not have the right ones.

View attachment 32851
I hear ya bro. I have a ton of odds and ends nuts, bolts and screws. And like you said, never the ones I need! I seldom bother looking anymore. If the hardware store is open I almost always just head straight there. The odds and ends come in handy when it's late at night early Sunday morning when the hardware stores are closed.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I hear ya bro. I have a ton of odds and ends nuts, bolts and screws. And like you said, never the ones I need! I seldom bother looking anymore. If the hardware store is open I almost always just head straight there. The odds and ends come in handy when it's late at night early Sunday morning when the hardware stores are closed.
We've got a really good hardware store here in town. That's my first stop in the morning to see what they have for heat shrink tubing.

thurmma

150cc
I performed a heart transplant on the 103" Extra 330 last night. Thought it would be a simple pull off the standard 106 and bolt on the TOC 106, but NOOOOOO it turned into a 4 hour evolution! One thing after another kept happening. After all was said and done, I believe it will be well worth it :)

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I performed a heart transplant on the 103" Extra 330 last night. Thought it would be a simple pull off the standard 106 and bolt on the TOC 106, but NOOOOOO it turned into a 4 hour evolution! One thing after another kept happening. After all was said and done, I believe it will be well worth it :)

Nice! That baby purrs like a kitten.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Don't forget about Radio Shack, if you still have one around you. I have one in town and they have a ton of heat shrink in all sizes :)
I stopped at the hardware store on the way in this morning and they had a package of 1/4" which should work if it will slip over the servo connecter. What I normally use is 1/4", but there seems to be a big range of sizes that they call 1/4".