• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Timber 110" Twin Build

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
OOOO! Looks fancy! You're going to love playing with it! Takes some fine tuning to get your first layer just right then just watch the magic. Lots to learn and explore!

BalsaDust

OOOO! Looks fancy! You're going to love playing with it! Takes some fine tuning to get your first layer just right then just watch the magic. Lots to learn and explore!

What this guy said. That part looks great other than needing a little adjustment on the first layer settings but still freaking awesome for the first part off of it.

RC80AK

50cc
What this guy said. That part looks great other than needing a little adjustment on the first layer settings but still freaking awesome for the first part off of it.
The build plate has a a significant crown in it. With the bed level and the nozzle set the proper vertical distance at the adjustment points it touches in the center. The VG was printed in the bed center and it was blowing out the first layer due to the lack of clearance. I'm in contact with the manufacture now to get a replacement bed.

RC80AK

50cc
Thanks for checking in guys! Unfortunately we found out my wife has kidney cancer a little over a month ago. I paused the Timber and focused on getting her out for fall adventures before surgery. I'm down in Seattle now helping her recover from a partial robotic nephrectomy at the University of Washington. The surgery went well, but it's been tough. I did fly the Ultra Stick quite a bit! Here's a few shots of taking it out on Cooper Lake with the fam. I built this little boat around 10 years ago and we have used the heck out of it!
IMG_0268.jpeg
IMG_0256.jpeg
Untitled Project 1.jpeg
Untitled Project 3.jpeg

Last edited:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
WOW! Did not expect that turn of events... First off, praying for your wife and a speedy recovery. That sounds terrible, but am super happy to hear that it went well! Family trumps this forum any day.

Those photos are BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely gorgeous. We just got snow... and it rained... slushed... rained... froze.. thawed... rained. LOL Old man winter has shown his ugly face.

Take care... and take care of your wonderful wife!

Last edited:

WMcNabb

150cc
Thanks for checking in guys! Unfortunately we found out my wife has kidney cancer a little over a month ago. I paused the Timber and focused on getting her out for fall adventures before surgery. I'm down in Seattle now helping her recover from a partial robotic nephrectomy at the University of Washington. The surgery went well, but it's been tough. I did fly the Ultra Stick quite a bit! Here's a few shots of taking it out on Cooper Lake with the fam. I built this little boat around 10 years ago and we have used the heck out of it!
View attachment 116133 View attachment 116134 View attachment 116135 View attachment 116136

So sorry to read this news. Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.