• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

crashflow

70cc twin V2
And...... Terry designed , engineered And fabricated all of these parts. Now he is writing the instruction manual!!!! Next he will go fly the snot out of it!!! Terrys talent is nothing short of exceptional!!!

View attachment 156 View attachment 158 Getting closer. Tomorrow I'll probably be ready to go over it with some epoxy resin thinned with alcohol to bond all the drywall compound together. Then I can do it again with some fiberglass. Few layers of filler to fill the weave and I should be ready for first coat of primer.
image013-1.jpg

Looks Great! What kind of primer are you using? When I used to do some painting on fiberglass back in the day Sikkens had some killer filler primer.

Whoops, should have read the whole thread before posting! I see it now! Very impressive!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That's cool, I know I had a crap ton of posts in the last couple days. That filler primer I used really was nice. I'll try it on the outside of the other cowls that I have as well. I've also been using the nason primer sealer before paint with good results....real easy to lay down. And, the right price for a "toy" airplane, LOL.

WMcNabb

150cc
Outstanding design, fabrication, and "instruction manual"!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your talents.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
I let Terry get the easy stuff posted first.:adore: I have to do all the programming a fitting for foam stuff what’s a little carving, plastering, sanding, painting, waxing ext. I can joke about that part as I know firsthand how much time and effort goes into making plugs and molds.
I thought I would start posting a few pics on the CNC foam as we go also. I have some video of some of the cuts I’ll post latter for any of you that haven’t saw CNC foam cutting before. It can be a little temperamental depending on the profiles of front and back on parts. To explain better let’s say the part has big wide front profile then tappers down to a smaller different profile on the back and long. The left drive feed has to move faster than the right feed. So if the hot wire has any stall time it melts the foam faster. Lots of things to resolve this it’s just finding the correct solution of speed, heat and G& M code manipulation. Some parts a real PITA to get a perfect appearance but with a little cnc tweaking can be close. Ok enough of the boring details.
More Later

Attachments

• FD 1.png
    FD 1.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 392
  • FD 2.png
    FD 2.png
    773 KB · Views: 364
  • BTD 0.png
    BTD 0.png
    558.1 KB · Views: 266
  • BTD 1.png
    BTD 1.png
    577.2 KB · Views: 274
  • BTD 2.png
    BTD 2.png
    553.7 KB · Views: 255
  • BTD 3.png
    BTD 3.png
    737.4 KB · Views: 275
  • BTD 4.png
    BTD 4.png
    746.4 KB · Views: 274
  • BTD 5.png
    BTD 5.png
    728.2 KB · Views: 306
  • BD 6.png
    BD 6.png
    765.9 KB · Views: 265
  • BD 7.png
    BD 7.png
    800 KB · Views: 309
  • BD 8.png
    BD 8.png
    759.4 KB · Views: 301
  • BD 9.png
    BD 9.png
    599.1 KB · Views: 280
  • RD1.png
    RD1.png
    591.9 KB · Views: 267
  • RD2.png
    RD2.png
    493.2 KB · Views: 254
  • RD3.png
    RD3.png
    646.9 KB · Views: 276
  • RD4.png
    RD4.png
    594.5 KB · Views: 267
  • RD5.png
    RD5.png
    732.6 KB · Views: 247
  • RD6.png
    RD6.png
    552.9 KB · Views: 279

aarestor

70cc twin V2
Terry; You get more done on a weekend than I do in a week. Keep up the good work as you are a inspiration to us all. By the way that Orange Viper rocked.

Tseres

150cc
I haven't been getting notifications so I have to post something here. Thats the only way I know to subscribe. :)

My new favorite word "NICE" That word seems to cover everything good.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Terry, I know you have had some questions on some materials....... but after seeing all this, I wonder... do you really need to ask, or are you doing that to make us feel good about the little knowledge we might have? Things are looking really good! it also reminds me of why I am an "ARF" guy. I enjoy the building, just looks like tons of hours! Total PROPS to you and the Law! Keep up the good work and Thanks for the detailed posts!:way_to_go: