• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Will the Kit come with a print version of this thread? Will the cowls come with a painted scheme on them or raw fiberglass? Will it have a wing tube and landing gear? I am exercising my check writing finger as I type:)

I call our "kits" Starter Kits. Take a look on my web and look at the Slick. That would be a similar offering set up. Terry and I have some details to work out this weekend but when were ready to go you will be able to purchase from the web. For the items I don't offer at this time like Tubes, LG the web will show prt# and or places to purchase as was used on Terries proto birds

Maybe I missed this but how are the cowl halves held together? I know theres a cowl ring to mount to the fuse but do the halves actually tie to each other?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Maybe I missed this but how are the cowl halves held together? I know theres a cowl ring to mount to the fuse but do the halves actually tie to each other?

There will be a lip, I have not installed the lip yet on mine. The cowls that come with kits will have the lip already installed. In the kit I also will include lasered wood tabs that get assembled with a blind nut and held to the inside of the cowl with either "Goop" or epoxy. I will go over the installation of those shortly. I'm also going to do a thread next week on how to split an ARF cowl and will also be showing the installation of the little tabs.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Last night I finished the H-stab foam for Terry’s two Vipers and set up the cuts for the wing. Before running out of time I did a test wing cut. Came out to exact cad measurements. Hopefully I'll get the wings cut tonight and maybe get the tube pockets cut in wings and H-stab. Then this will finish up all CNC test foam so I can move onto production runs. I have to say my cnc machines have been working overtime with cutting more Slick kits and test runs for the Viper. May need to build another cnc Router and Foam machine in near future.:)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
May need to build another cnc Router and Foam machine in near future.:)

You can keep it at my shop!!:yesss:

I plan to bring the fuselage that I just built in this thread to Ricks shop next week along with my wing tubes so we can mock up the plane as well. This will be the final pre-production mock up and I'll be working on sheeting the foam next week. I've gotten enough requests for a video on how to vacuum bag wings that I'm going to do a few vids on the materials and vacuum system.

tylerzx9r

100cc
Looks really good! You should stop building cabinets and start full time plane building!;) If you can pin point that market, I will apply and move to your hood!:epic:

balsa

50cc
Hi guys can't wait to order one of these. I was just wondering if any wing tub size will work, or will there be a certan size?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi guys can't wait to order one of these. I was just wondering if any wing tub size will work, or will there be a certan size?

We will have it listed on the website or in the manual but you will need a 1.5" x 48" wing tube with sleeve and a 5/8" wing tube and sleeve. These are available at TNT landing gear under Composite tubes: http://www.tntlandinggear.com/composite_tubes.htm

I have it set up to use the entire 48" wing tube so you can build it without any further reinforcement to the wings and still pound on the airplane without fear of damaging the wings. I will still show how to install tube extenders and carbon reinforcements.

Sleeves are available here as well, make sure you get the sleeves for the carbon tubes (toward bottom of page): http://www.tntlandinggear.com/composite_tubes.htm

TNT also carries the landing gear, if you want the Graphtec or TNT Aluminum gear: http://www.tntlandinggear.com/composite_tubes.htm

There will be a wood list for the balsa sheeting and hinge stock as well. I typically buy from http://www.nationalbalsa.com/, their stock is consistent in quality and pretty good dimensionaly.

J&J Tail wheels are available from TNT or Fibertechnmore.com as well.

Last edited: