• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Couple pics with weight. So far exactly in line with the Yellow one. The Yellow one is basically just a hair under 25lb. dry, RTF.

Attachments

• _DSC0218.JPG
    _DSC0218.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 296
  • _DSC0219.JPG
    _DSC0219.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 281
  • _DSC0220.JPG
    _DSC0220.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 319
  • _DSC0221.JPG
    _DSC0221.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 277

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I just realized that I never posted a video here of the maiden flight on the yellow Viper-ST. This was first flight on a fresh plane with a fresh DLE120 up front so I was a little easy on it. Just in case any new followers have not seen it:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Balsa, I doubt it. You are best to just buy new tubes and sleeves. The planes you have were through a lot (before and after the trailer wreck) and I would not trust them just to save a few bucks on a new bird. Also the tubes and sleeves need to fit properly so your chances of getting sleeves that fit your existing ARF tubes are highly unlikely as well. The holes in the fuse are laser cut to size and the sleeves slip in (or require about two seconds of sanding with sandpaper around the tube itself. I slid mine in just for a test fit this AM and the tubes are perfectly parallel with the fuse top and are square to each other. If you mess with the holes you will create a bunch of work for yourself.

I thought I should make a stupid post to show I am back. Everything is looking great Terry and Rick, I can't wait for these to hit the market.