• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper ST build continued part 2

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 13897 Apoligies all, been going through the ringer with business partners! The truth is I'm getting screwed! Have paper work and an attorney to prove it! I did manage to get the hatch glassed. I mixed the resin needed, spread it on with a brush so that it is not to wet looking, but also gets the air bubbles out and saturates the glass.
I've been partners with my brother for 33 years. It's only through great restraint that we haven't killed each other more than once. Good luck.

tylerzx9r

100cc
image.jpg Though the stresses of life have stepped on me and been holding me down, I managed to get a little further! I trimmed the glass close to the edge and then finished with 320 grit sand paper to sand it flush all around the edges.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 282

tylerzx9r

100cc
There are two issues I needed to address before spreading glaze over all the possible blemishes for a smooth final blocking and priming. 1 fix the foam and dash area that got eaten away by the glass resin. 2 the edge of the glass slightly loose on one side, after discussing with TerryCustom (the great teacher) I will CA all around the edge with foam safe stuff to ensure its all held tight!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 288
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 280

tylerzx9r

100cc
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg After talking with TerryCustom, we decided to Ca the edge and get my glazing done for pinholes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 296