• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

wedoitall

i know of a couple people that wants one. if mine flys as good as it looks. the build went pretty smooth, fun. i guess you could say this was my first official plane build. hopefully good practice for the MXS

feda replied to my msg. He said the Slicks are already on the way to the US warehouse, he said to expect them sometime in the next ten days.

I also asked about the previously leaked info about a 55" model hybrid( no info on what type of plane yet) and he said that it was put on hold for a short time while Skywing caught up on stock orders, so probably a few more weeks before anymore is known.

wedoitall

after seeing a couple crash pics, i deceided to reinforce the side of the fuse where it meets with the wings with a few icy sticks. made that area alot sturdier. gonna go with the stock gear till the wire gear gets here from china.

hope'n to maiden my slick either tomorrow after work or this weekend!!!! *fingers crossed

wedoitall

had to do some surgery on mine. broke the head off a wing bolt before i got to maiden her this evening, er yesterday evening. the blind nut inside the wing came loose but shes fixed. will post up some pics later gotta get up for work in about 3hr and 40 minutes.

wedoitall

is there a build thread or does skywing offer a build guide?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhMDzAZAQMw

this is what got me through. build is easy, i guess this was my first official build.

youll really dig the music. haha!

i did use some popscicle sticks to reinforce inside the fuse, mainly the area were the wings attach. only damage ive seen so far to this wattaplanes has been this area and the LG. i ordered a wre gear, not concerned about looks as this will be the plane thats with me the most.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhMDzAZAQMw

this is what got me through. build is easy, i guess this was my first official build.

youll really dig the music. haha!

i did use some popscicle sticks to reinforce inside the fuse, mainly the area were the wings attach. only damage ive seen so far to this wattaplanes has been this area and the LG. i ordered a wre gear, not concerned about looks as this will be the plane thats with me the most.

thanks for the link. what i was confused about was foam insert in the cowling. I didn't know what purpose it served.