• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

Heading out to the WRAM show in a few minutes. Hopefully I won't come home with a new plane;)
Trying my best to just pick up the supplies that I need....but you never know

gyro

GSN Contributor
Heading out to the WRAM show in a few minutes. Hopefully I won't come home with a new plane;)
Trying my best to just pick up the supplies that I need....but you never know

I'm willing to be you come home with a large box, and call it, "your next 3d plane"

wedoitall

i got to maiden my slick today!!!!!! me and this plane are gonna be really close this year! she flys really nice, it was really windy with some serious gusts and she still flew nice. i was flying way nose heavy, by the 4th battery i had cg alil better. still wanted to keep nose heavy because of the wind. all four batteries were harrier landings, 3 on concrete and 1 on the grass. post stall was nice and smooth.

i didnt get crazy with her this evening, hovers, harriers, some basic aerobatics , the normal stuff. hope to really wring her out in the morning.

im really impressed with the plane, pretty sure 2 of my buddies will be purchase'n one in the near future.

only 3 things with the plane so far i dont like. all are lil knit-picking by me. no big deal

1. Wing bolts and the location of the bolts : its a really tight spot then you have your electronics in the same area. i could only turn the bolt half to quarter turn each time i turned.
2. Tail wheel: maybe needs to be alil taller i did scrap the very tip of the rudder on a harrier landing.
3. Side of fuse: where wings mate to the fuse seemed to be alil weak. i made some braces out of popscicle sticks to make it stronger.

#3 was just a personal preference and was something i had fun doing so i really hate to say anything about it. If seen a few crash pics and the only damage other than LG has been to this area.

Also would like to have option of wire gear, some of us are planning on using this plane as a practice plane, flying in some tight spots so harrier and elevator landings will be a must. but so far *fingers crossed mine held up, i did have really smooth landings even on the grass landing.

i dont want people to think the above is complaining or anything because its not, just some constructive input. because im really REALLY happy with the plane. I would have to highly recommend it for anyone wanting to fly 3d, just beginning to fly, and seasoned pilots. I cant wait till in the morning to fly her again.

I have never got a pull on a balsa slick, but i have read quite abit about them while researching for new plane purchases. From what ive read this flys like a Slick, so far. I plan on getting really VIOLENT on the next flights.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Let the build begin! Me and Santi have a friendly wager to see who gets theirs in the air first. :flyer:

Attachments

• 20130222_100404.jpg
    20130222_100404.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 212

wedoitall

Let the build begin! Me and Santi have a friendly wager to see who gets theirs in the air first. :flyer:

went to Lowes this evening, hopefully I have something to rig me up a wire gear. did break LG bolts on a really soft greased scale landing. don't know if multiple harrier landings softenthem up, but all of those were about as soft as it gets. I did check the bolts in between landings. your gonna dig this plane.

I was afraid the scheme got was gonna be alil hard to see on an overcast day. its rather easy to see at all angles. im so happy with it im thinking about getting a 2nd airframe or the edge