• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

Diggity

70cc twin V2
hmmmm...I've been resisting the urge to get one of these...you're not making it any easier!!!

I would recommend getting one. I'm not just blowing smoke because of the money I have tide up in it. You would actually die if you knew what little money I had in the plane. So my unbiased opinion is that it's a nice flying bird. Durability is still in question, but it would be much easier to repair, compared to a balsa.

BTW...My maiden got blown out...too much wind for me on the first flight...didn't even try. Lousy North East weather:banghead:

Diggity

70cc twin V2
No issues with landing gear. Your right pavement landing only so far. Each landing was a harrier landing though. No signs of cracks or fractures in the gear or gear plate. Im not using the nylon bolts, I put metal bolts on

wedoitall

i did break my nylon bolts on pavement once on a scale landing, it was a nice smooth no bounce'n landing, seems to like harrier landings better. there is a few mods i did to mine for durability. im waiting for wire LG from bestvalue to get here. after that i plan on flying mine in some ruff and tight spots.

wedoitall

i got my wire LG and a few extras for my slick today. ordered it from Bestvaluerc, took a whopping 8 days to get here from China. pretty impressed!