• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

wedoitall

i strengthen the side of the fuse where the wings meet, i did a LG bolt mod. added a 3rd bolt in the middle, used alil bit bigger bolt and blind nut. 1/4-20 size. on the servo arms for the ailerons i put the longer arms on the bottom of the stock arms and put my ez-connector on the bottom instead of the top. i did the same for the elevator and rudder servos but i didnt put the longer arm on the bottom of the stock arm. seems like its alot better geometry by doing it this way.

i would like to get alil bit taller tail wheel.

i know im forgetting some others, but i really like this plane. it flys really well and the pucker factor isnt quite as high. even tho i do have alil bit of $$$ tied up in her. if the balsa slicks flys close to this ill be getting one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggity

70cc twin V2
i strengthen the side of the fuse where the wings meet, i did a LG bolt mod. added a 3rd bolt in the middle, used alil bit bigger bolt and blind nut. 1/4-20 size. on the servo arms for the ailerons i put the longer arms on the bottom of the stock arms and put my ez-connector on the bottom instead of the top. i did the same for the elevator and rudder servos but i didnt put the longer arm on the bottom of the stock arm. seems like its alot better geometry by doing it this way.

i would like to get alil bit taller tail wheel.

i know im forgetting some others, but i really like this plane. it flys really well and the pucker factor isnt quite as high. even tho i do have alil bit of $$$ tied up in her. if the balsa slicks flys close to this ill be getting one.

The only mod so far, (if you want to call it that) I'm not using the nylon bolts for the landing gear. Used metal bolts with some blue loctite. I have installed the servos but not the arms yet. I had planned on using the longer arms on all surfaces, then just going in or out a hole or two as needed. I obviously haven't flown it yet, but I would think it would be a little floatier than a balsa. The tail feather on this beast is enormous!!

wedoitall

yea the tail feather is massive, i like it. it is floatier than the the AJ yak and the buck 50 edge and it actually tumbles alil better than my buck 50 edge. i thought about using metal bolts, but where i fly sometimes in a ruff cow field it can get nasty on the ground. i do have the wire gear on its way from China. with the long arms im able to get 60+ with the elevator and thats with the hole kinda in on the arm.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I've got it setup with 55 degrees of throw for now!

Attachments

• 20130226_142551.jpg
    20130226_142551.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 209

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I got all the arms on, trimmed, and all my throws the way I like them. Just waiting on the motor to come in. Mount it, then she's ready. ETA for the motor is Thursday!

Attachments

• 20130226_153716.jpg
    20130226_153716.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 207

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got all the arms on, trimmed, and all my throws the way I like them. Just waiting on the motor to come in. Mount it, then she's ready. ETA for the motor is Thursday!

Looks like you're a sure bet to win now! (plane looks good, btw!)

wedoitall

heres mine, sorry about the crappy pic tho.

Attachments

• wattaplane.jpg
    wattaplane.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator: