• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

gyro

GSN Contributor
the toughness is not what I question. It's the flying quality on 6s power. I've done this setup before on a 3dhs 58" Edge. It wasn't a good setup. IMO!!

Not sure I follow? You're saying 6s on a 58" Edge was NOT good?

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I found the 4s setup more suitable than the 6s setup. CG was difficult to achieve,, to much power. And yes IMO, there is such thing as to much power. Ran threw to many batteries running in series. It cuts your amount of flights in half compared to the amount of batteries you have. Flight times are shorter. Other people might say differently, but the plane didn't perform the way that I had hoped.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I found the 4s setup more suitable than the 6s setup. CG was difficult to achieve,, to much power. And yes IMO, there is such thing as to much power. Ran threw to many batteries running in series. It cuts your amount of flights in half compared to the amount of batteries you have. Flight times are shorter. Other people might say differently, but the plane didn't perform the way that I had hoped.

I can appreciate that. I tried the twin 6s2200 route on some previous planes and didn't like it either. I DO like the 6s 3300 packs with 15x8 or 16x7 prop on my MXS and on my now crashed 58 Edge tho. I love lottsa power!

Santi8

70cc twin V2

I haven't owned a 3dhs bird in this size, but both of my 60 sized ef birds on 6s were amazing with really good flight times. That was with a motrofly..

SnowDog

Wow I'm really surprised to hear this. I've got 2x3s3000 packs in my 58" Edge and I've got the batteries taped together, so I always "see them" as one pack. I'm also surprised to hear that your flight times were shorter; I'm enjoying 5-7 minutes of operation on my setup.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Wow I'm really surprised to hear this. I've got 2x3s3000 packs in my 58" Edge and I've got the batteries taped together, so I always "see them" as one pack. I'm also surprised to hear that your flight times were shorter; I'm enjoying 5-7 minutes of operation on my setup.

I guess I'm heavy on the throttle.