• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Wendell Hostetler 30% PA-28 Cherokee Build

TonyHallo

150cc
Assembled the plane for weight and balance today. 7.8 pounds on the nose wheel, 22.6 on the mains without a fuel tank and batteries.

IMG_2213.jpg
IMG_2214.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Thanks Mike.
The 3 1/2" white spinner is from Falcon Props, carbon fiber and very lite weight. Found and old 26" x 10" Mejzilk prop in my stash, I bet I had it for over 15 years, cut it down to 25" and fit the spinner to it. Only minor sanding was required, drilled for the Roto prop bolt circle. Going to paint the prop gloss back and get it in balance. Found 3 - 22 pound capacity scales at Amazon for $7 each, should be here tomorrow, need to get the CG back fit a bit, three scales will speed up the process and lessen the error. Found a nice 20 ounce Gator Aide bottle that will make a swell fuel tank.

IMG_2215 (1).jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
The kitchen scales arrived and after an exhaustive study have determined that the Roto 85FS has got to go. I tested the scales with a 6 pound weight and each scale reported the weight within .002 pounds of each other, close enough. The plans show a Zenoah G38, happen to have one and it tips the scales at 5 pounds with starter, cup mount and muffler. I going with a D&B 3.7 twin that weights 5.6 pound complete with mufflers. The cg should come within a 1/4", right now it sitting about 2" ahead of the cg show on the plans. The Roto will go on the shelf for a future project.