• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Raided McMaster Carr warehouse today.

20220712_212816.jpg

Not the post man, but it was unwrapped on the 25th. This is a tiny lathe kit, and will help me develop my machining skills. I'll be following Joe's build videos. Can't wait to get started, but first, more tooling.

Attachments

• IMG_5728.jpg
    IMG_5728.jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 99
Joe did a magnificent job on his. I don't think I'll come anywhere close to his perfection. I spent about 2 and a half hours last night on one handle and it still needs work.

Attachments

• Wheel 1.jpg
    Wheel 1.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 88
  • wheel 3.jpg
    wheel 3.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 85
  • wheel 4.jpg
    wheel 4.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 86
You're never going to finish the Cub now!
🤣 I was pondering that!!
I wasn't sure if this was a good place to post updates, so I started a new thread here:

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the postman eventually showed up it arrived a couple of days ago, I have opened the box the fuselage came in. It is an AJ Laser 115. It twice as big as thought it would be. Maybe I made a mistake just cannot get over how big it is.
Thinking of just doing some up dates as it gets built on what have you done in the workshop.