• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wheels!

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
White rose are best, last forever. Second best option I've found is Sullivan skylite with aluminum rims. They last longer than pretty much anything else out there I've found. I almost tried the Flywheelz but have seen the tires fall off and wear out on others that have tried them. No thanks.

Get a look at Airman if you have a chance. Also awesome like White Rose. ;)

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
My flywheelz only got bout 20 flights off grass no paved runway, and they are already showing bad wear. They do look good but doubt I'd purchase another set.
Whiterose is badazz, but they also have badazz price. TOp of the line wheels, even if he is supporting AzzHats drama site. If your running pants, and not worried about the BLING sullivan sky-lites, are nice.
@witchfingers what ya putting them on?
They are for a PAU edge. I run the sullivans on my Hempel cub but they are a little heavier. (Hempel provides the same useless wheel). I really don't care what they look like as they will be covered by the wheel pants. As long as they are not made from the recycled plastic frogs you used to get from the wishing well at Perkins restaraunt.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
They are for a PAU edge. I run the sullivans on my Hempel cub but they are a little heavier. (Hempel provides the same useless wheel). I really don't care what they look like as they will be covered by the wheel pants. As long as they are not made from the recycled plastic frogs you used to get from the wishing well at Perkins restaraunt.
Id give these a try http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLW10

DuBro's for me. I have a pair of 4" that have to be atleast 10 years old. Tires are bald, and I drilled the rims to 6mm for my MX2. Bought a new set of 4.5" for my MX2, now that I have a big trailer, and all the rest of my airplanes will get the DuBro treatment, once the crappy ARF hubs break. I have 2 airplanes with the blingy wheels on them. My EG Extra has AirMan's, and my 35% Carden had the FlyWheelz. FlyWheelz are 2 years old, and have bald treads. So, take it for what it is....

It's nice to see that most of our users feel we make a good wheel. Another feature of our wheels that never gets much attention is the easily replaced bushings when the wheels get a little wobbly on the axles. This is a lot cheaper than a new set of wheels. I know we aint cheap but short of a serious crash, it's impossible to wear our stuff out. We have replacement tires as well although no one has yet ordered a replacement for the asymmetrical tires we introduced three years ago. We did sell a lot of replacements when we were using laser modified Du-Bro tires.

Planned obsolescence has never been part of our business plan because we anticipate continual growth in the hobby. By the way, we make a very good tail wheel with replaceable bushings and bullet proof tires as well. We do sell quite a few replacement carbon fiber springs for the tail wheels but you want the spring to brake before the back of the fuselage.